4

"Well, I guess it started when I turned 17, my parents started to compare me to my siblings, no matter what I did...I couldnt please them, it slowly started taking a toll on my mental health which is where my nervous tics come from." I explained. "Well back at the old house my mom was cooking and somehow the house caught fire, they left me in my room alone with the flames and thus the reason i look like this." I gestured to my face.

He was quiet.

"I dont think its weird." He said. I glanced up quickly meeting his eyes.

"It tells a story, isnt that important?" He asks scooting closer. "It is only the first day and you already know about my trauma." I laughed. He smiled slightly.

"Well think of it this way, petty's on the inside and as long as people see what on the inside, no one cares about the outside." He said. I felt like crying.

"Dammit you." I sniffed and wiped my eyes with my sleeve. "Dont worry, you can talk to me, we're friends." He said and tilted his head. "And friends need sleep, it almost 10 and I have a shift tomorrow morning before the convention." I said.

We made our way back to my room and I layed on the pullout.

My llama was held close to me.

I felt something brush my shoulder.

I turn over and Dream had rolled over so he was face down and his arm hanging off the bed.

He looked peaceful though.

I tucks his long arm back up under his head and layed back down.

The next morning it was 5 am when I woke up.

I had shift from 6 to 8 and the first day of the convention started at 9.

I sat up and yawned stretching.

Looking next to me Dream was still asleep.

I walked to my closet and got my cafe uniform.

I work morning shifts at a cafe.

I put my converse on and did my hair. I chose no make up today. Maybe a little mascara.

I put my glasses on and grabbed my work bag and my skates. It's a cafe where we skate around to tables.

"Hey, where you going this early?" I heard.

Shit...that morning voice.

"Oh I have a 2 hour shift but I'll be back in time." I said closing my closet doors. "Oh, ok, I'll see you again at?" He asks. "8:30." I said.

I walked to my doors.

"Oh, feel free to use my computer to log into your stuff I dont mind." I said.

And with that's I rushed downstairs.

"Kaleb, I'm gonna need you to take care of everyone today, Dream is up in my room dont disturb and-" "Kath...I got this go." He said cutting my off.

I hugged him and took off.

I got to the cafe and clocked in.

I unlocked the doors then put my skates on.

At 8 I clocked out and made it to my car.

I got home and rushed up the stairs.

I dropped my stuff as soon as I got in.

"Ok, give me like 10 minutes to change and then we can go." I said hopping on one foot to get my shoe off.

I dashed into my closet and pulled on ripped jeans, a black sleeveless shirt and my red flannel.

I went back out and to my desk which is where Dream was located already dressed.

I opened a drawer next to him and pulled out my leather gloves. I buckled them on and sighed.

Dream's P.O.V.

She sighed from next to me as I logged off.

She put a few things into her backpack and pulled on her hoodie and her mask.

I caught a glimpse of her without a hoodie and shes a literal twig.

We went downstairs and I put my mask on.

She tossed me a can.

"Red Bull?" I question. "Caffeine. Get you through the day." She said opening her own can.

She put 2 more in her bag.

She drove us into the parking garage and we got in line to get our tags.

The first day was to walk rpund and get a feel for the place.

"Its bad enough now...imagine all the fans that come to see their favorite gamers." She grumbled from next to me.

We wove through the crowds to find our meet and great booths. We were gonna be next to eachother.

She started falling behind.

"Dream!" She called out.

I turned around and reach and grab her hand pulling her to me.

"Let's do this for now so we dont lose eachother." I suggested and she nodded.

Katherine's P.O.V

"Is that Echo?" A voice said.

I turned twords the gap in the crows and saw my online best friend.

"EVEN!" I yelled and let go of Dream.

I ran twords him and hugged him.

"How's Canada?" I ask. "Oh great, I've only live there my whole life." He said. I laughed.

"Who's this your with?" He asked gesturing to Dream who's coming closer.

"Oh, this is my minecraft buddy." I said. "I'm Even, VanossGaming online." He said. "Dream, nice to meet you." The boy next to me said.

"Anyways, meet up with us later, we have a lot of catching up to do." Even said. I saw Tyler and a few of my old gaming buddies with him. "Right later!" I waved and we parted ways.

"Ah yes...I remember the good old days of minecraft pranks." I sighed as we walked. "I remember seeing those videos." Dream said. "Yeah, S.O.B's thought it would be fun to blow up my llama farm." I growled. "But you blew up all their stock supplies." Dream said. "And it was heccin awesome." I added.

We made it to out tables and claimed them before they moved us.

"I'm gonna go find George, hes somewhere around here." Dream said from his phone. "I'll come with you, maybe I'll find someone along the way." I said.

And with that we set off on an adventure.