56

We were driving Tommy back to the airport and let's say Kat's anxiety has been really off the charts recently.

She stutters more, her nervous twitches are more noticeable. Like she does this one thing where she'll bite her hand for no reason other than to settle herself. Her leg is shaking constantly and if shes still.

The one thing I did notice is she doesnt...talk as much right now. Maybe the whole Marty trying to kidnap her shook her up inside.

We got there and let Maria walk Tommy as a far as she could while we waited in the car. I insisted on driving because one should never drive with heightened anxiety.

I put the car in park and turned to Kat who was playing with a rubber band.

"Baby what's wrong?" I asked. "W-what do you mean?" She asked a little frightened. "I'm worried about you, your anxiety habits have increased recently." I put my hand on hers. "I'm just....stressed my insomnia has gotten worse and its just...it happens once a month." She shrugged.

I sighed heavily and picked up her hand.

"You know I love you and you can talk to me right?" I pressed her hand to my cheek.

It was cold. Like ice.

"I'm just tired." She brushed off. Her other hand went up to the heart on her choker. "Anything important I need to know about?" I asked. "Other than I have to go to the doctors office next week." She ssid and started playing with the feathers on the bracelet she got me. "What for?" I asked. "Becaud eof all my bodily trauma, I need to go in twice a year to find out if my reproductive system is still functioning." She said.

She has taken a lot of hits to the stomach.

Maria came back out and we went home.

Maria went to her room to just be there and since it was saturday, the littles were all playing in the backyard.

Kat was laying her head on my lap and my had went from her hair to her forehead. She held the left side of her abdomen in pain. Her forehead was burning hot.

"Kat...are you ok?" I asked worried.

Katherine's P.O.V

Truth be told no. There was a sharp pain in my side.

"No...I dont...feel good all of a sudden." I sat up. "I'll call my mom to come watch the kids, go change." He said.

I went and put on shorts and a tshirt and his hoodie.

Soon his mom and Drista showed up.

"Ok, thank you again mom, we're gonna go now." He said. "Ok, feel better sweetie." She said and rubbed my shoulder.

We got to the hospital and the pain only got worse.

"Ok...last pms?" Clay was filling out the clipboard for me because eit hurt so bad. "2 weeks ago." I leaned on him.

Soon I got brought back and examined.

"We are gonna have to rush you into immediate surgery to remove your apendix." The doctor ssid. I nodded.

The doctor went to to inform Clay while I went to the back.

Clay's P.O.V

My Emerald was ok. That's all I needed to know.

I messaged my mom about what happened and she was willing to stay with the kids.

It was suspected to be an hour long surgery I sat leaned overon my knees deep in thought. About what I dont know.

About an hour and half later the doctor broke my daze.

I walked quietly int the room and Kat was laying still asleep.

"She was amazing...um...I do have one question for medical reasons." The doctor said. "Theres burns and scars all over her body, was she in a wreck or something?" He asked. "Oh, no...the burns were from a house fire and she...had some fmily things that affected her mentality." I said. "Thank you, I'll leave you to her." He ssid and walked out shutting the door.

I sat in the chair next to he bred and help her hand.

I felt her hand grip back and I looked up.

"Apendix gone." She laughed.

Later she was allowed to leave and went back home.

We got there and my mom was waiting for us.

"Hey you two." She greeted. "Hello." Kat smiled. "Howd it go?" She aske.d "I'm alive and have an awesome scar above my tattoo." She lifted her shirt up.

I forgot to tell me mom about that.

"Oh that's amazingly detailed." My mom said. She looked at me. "Well did you tell her your opinion?" She said. "I did actually, I like the idea so much...I got a matching one." I shrugged. My moms face was shocked.

"My brother got inked?" I heard. My sister.

"Drista!" Kat shouted. They hugged eachother and it made me laugh.

"Maam may I adopt this one?" Kat looked at my mom. "You cant date me then adopt my sister when you've also adopted tommy." I laughed.

She titled her head and frowned.

My mom and sister left and Kat went into the kitchen.

"Remember what the doctor said, take it easy." I reminded. "I know...just until the incision heals." She said and came over to me.

She jumped up and sat on the counter and put her arms round my neck.

"Life gave me many miracles." She said and smiled. "Life gave me you." I said and kissed her.

"The lovey doveyest couple I know." Maria said walking into the kitchen. "You and tommy are sappy too." Kat spat back. "Hey, be nice." I cut her off.

Kat's P.O.V

He gave me that sad puppy dog look.

"Come on, we're going to bed, we had a long day." He said and lifted me off the counter.

He layed me down then went over to our closet.

"Dont leave me." I made grabby hands. "Relax, I'm just putting sweats on." He said.

I tried to look away out of respect but damn...my boyfriend's got a nice ass if I do say so...wow I need help...