10

Time Skip*

It was the day of June 13th.

I had picked out a nice simple denim skirt and a black off the shoulder long sleeve top. I matched it with my black knee high boots and curled my hair. 

While Clay was getting changed I went to help Miles and Callie. 

"Sis, are they gonna take us from you?" Miles asked while I was gelling his hair. 

We were in the bathroom.

"No bubba, they just want to come see your living conditions and make sure you're safe." I said. "I always feel safe with you." He said with a smile. "Aww, thank you." I said hugging him. "Ok, now go wait on the couch." I sent him out. 

I styled Callie's hair so she had loose curls withe sides tied back into a half up half down. "Go wait with Miles." I sent her out. 

Next was Jared. I combed out his curly hair and put curl defining cream in it. "Go wait with your siblings." I sent him off. 

Next was Maria. She's still grounded and mad at me. Her long fine straight hair was fun to do. I braided up the back of her head and tied it into a ponytail which i also braided. "Go." I sent her out and she walked down in a huff.

I let Kaleb try and style himself but he ended up needing my help. He also had thick curly hair so I did what I did to Jared's. "Thanks." He said and left. 

I had to help Clay. It's clear he's never had to style his ow hair before.

"Why does it smell weird?" He said sniffing the jar of hair moisturizer I had out. "It's shea butter, it's supposed to smell like that." I said. "And this one?" He picked up a small bottle. "Argon oil, its to help hydrate curls." I said taking it from his hand. I set it on the counter and continued to mess with his hair. 

I finished with him and did a little bit of make up and re curled my curls. 

I went down to the kitchen and made a platter of snacks and got a few water bottles. 

I checked the time and shifted my weight from foot to foot nervously. 

"Hey." I heard a comforting voice. "It'll be ok." Clay said putting his hands on my arms. "I'm just-what if it's not good enough and they take them away." I leaned into him. "Kat, it'll be ok." He reassured me. I looked up and hugged him back nodding. 

I acted like I was ok so my siblings wouldn't panic. I felt like throwing up that's how bad this is. 

The doorbell rang. 

"Here we go." I said letting go of Clay and we walked to the door. 

I opened it and smiled.

"Good morning Mrs. Stacey." I greeted. "Oh good morning Ms. Falls." She smiled. "Please call me Kathrine." I shook her hand.

I closed the door and we had a small chat.

"So, this is my younger brother Kaleb, he is in charge when I'm not home, the next one down is Maria, then Jared, then Callie and the youngest is miles." I said introducing my siblings. "And this young man?" She asked. "This is my boyfriend Clay, we're both YouTube gamers and hes staying with us for the convention this month." I said slipping my hand into his. "You make a lovely couple." She smiled.

I gave them the tour of the house and then everyone gathered in the sitting room.

"So, Kathrine, how long have you been taking care of everyone and paying the bills?" She asked. "Since my 20th birthday." I answered. "And if you dont mind me asking...what happend to your complexion?" She asked curiously. I glanced at Clay and he nodded.

"To tell you the truth Ms. Stacey, there was an accident at put old house just a few months after Miles was born and there was fire to which...I was left inside purposefully." I said laughing a little bit. "So your parents were...not good to you?" She asked. "Well, I wouldnt put it that way but it was definitely seen that I was the least favorite child, things happened and I'm over it now, no point in worrying now." I shrugged.

She started writing. "Have you seemed therapeutic help to get over your trauma?" She asked. "My trauma never really effected my everyday life, so I never really needed too, but the only tic I still have is yelling, I'm stil sensitive to that." I said. "Would you say you treat your siblings the way your parents treated you?" She asked. "Of course not, their all still minors and I want them to live the best life possible, I provide 3 meals a day, a safe and warm home, the best education and the best healthcare." I explain.

We go over a few things and then they leave.

I let out a huge sigh.

"Thank you all for being good." I said.

Jared hugged me. "I dont want to leave you so I did what you told me too." He said. I felt like crying.

"Everyone head to the kitchen, I'll make lunch for us." I said.

The kids filed out and if let Clay hug me.

"I'm so proud of you, if that was me I'd've passed out by now." He laughed.

Later that evening we were having a nice game night when there was a knock at the door.

"I got it." Clay hopped over the back of the couch. 

Clay's P.O.V

I opened the door and saw a guy around 6 feet tal he had jet black hair and dark brown eyes.

"Can I help you?" I asked. "I'm looking for Katherine." He said.

I leaned back into the house.

"KAT, ITS FOR YOU!" I yelled. Something felt off about this guy.

She came to the door and the mood of the area dropped.

"Hey...kitten." The guys grinned.

"What are you doing here...Marty?" She grabbed onto my arm.

I could feel fear coursing through her body.

Who is this guy?