eight

"Hope.."

-ADHARA SIGHED TIREDLY, WANTING NOTHING MORE THAN TO TAKE A NAP

-ADHARA SIGHED TIREDLY, WANTING NOTHING MORE THAN TO TAKE A NAP. They were in Transfiguration right now, and she hadn't slept all night last night, for a few reasons she'd never admit.

"Are you alright?" Pansy asked worriedly, who was sitting next to her.

Adhara nodded. "I'm just tired." She mumbled, crossing her arms and swinging on her chair, unknowingly reminding the professor of her father almost immediately.

Harry had to do a double-take, his eyes widened slightly at how much the girl looked like her father at that moment. He rubbed his eyes and looked closer, only then realizing that it was Adhara, and slapped himself mentally because of his stupidity.

McGonagall couldn't hold herself anyone and stopped in the middle of her explanation, "Miss Black-"

"Malfoy." Adhara, Pansy, and Draco corrected simultaneously.

"Miss Malfoy," McGonagall corrected herself apologetically. "If you could please stop swinging on your chair, that would be most appreciated."

"The bell's about to ring in a few seconds, can I keep doing it?" Adhara asked with a tilted head.

McGonagall had to keep her little smile in. Sirius had said the same thing years ago. "No -" but the bell immediately rang, making the students stand up and leave the classroom.

   Later on that day, when all the classes were finished, Adhara walked into the library and immediately rushed over to the dark arts section, wanting to be as far away as Potter and his gang, and also actually wanting a dark arts book

She didn't realize their eyes following her every move.

"The dark arts?!" James and Sirius asked simultaneously, looking appalled.

"Shh." Harry snapped, his intrigued eyes never leaving the girl.

"Wasn't all your family sort of addicted to them?" Hermione asked, looking at them as if they were dumb.

Sirius shrugged slightly. "Well, yeah-

"And from what I've heard and read, so are the Malfoys." She explained further. "So, of course she's going to like to read them. But we've never seen her actually use them. So, just sit back and watch."

"Merlin's beard.." James whispered to Sirius who nodded. "We just got snapped at by a thirteen year old."

"She just picked out a book." Ron pointed out, bringing the two men out of their thoughts.

Adhara, who was on the other side of the Library, but was unknowingly in perfect view of the group, coughed slightly as she opened the old book. Her eyes lit up as she realized which book it was: Secrets of the Darkest Arts.

She felt eyes on her and looked around the library, her eyes stopped on a group that was already looking at her. She made heavy eye contact with her biological father for a few seconds, making them all hold their breaths, and immediately walked to the librarian to check out the book in her hands, not wanting them to see her longing tears. "I'd like this book, please." She murmured, handing the book to the librarian.

Madam Pince looked at the book, making her eyes narrow, and looked at the girl. "You know this isn't meant for fifth years and under right?"

"We have it in the library at home. If you don't let me take it, I'll just owl my parents and tell them to send it to me, so just handing it over for a few weeks would be much easier, madam." Adhara replied immediately with a raised eyebrow.

The librarian looked at her for a few seconds and nodded, giving her a piece of parchment, "Write your name here," she pointed to a box on the paper, "and sign there."

Adhara nodded. 'Adhara Malfoy,' She wrote and looked at where she was supposed to sign, 'A.B-M'.

As much as she hated being called a Black, she knew that it was a part of her, and deep down, she liked it, but would never admit it.

"Return should be done in three weeks."

"Thank you, madam." Adhara said thankfully and walked out, the book in her hands.

Sirius and James shared a look, both of them standing up and rushing over to the librarian. "We need a book, Padfoot!" James exclaimed and pulled out a random book on the way.

They placed the book on the desk and looked at the librarian, whose eyes widened at the book. "Periods and how to deal with them?" Madam Pince asked, making them flush in embarrassment.

Sirius said the first thing that came into his mind. "I'm having my period."

James looked at him, his mouth agape. ""You are?" he asked, earning a jab in the side by Sirius' elbow and a look, "Yes, he is." He concluded and expectantly looked at the librarian.

Madam Pince pursed her lips and gave the parchment. "Write your name there, and sign there." She pointed.

Sirius nodded, subtly looking for his daughter's sign. His eyes widened with hope at the 'B-M' part, only snapping out of his thoughts when the librarian cleared her throat. 'Sirius O.Black' 'S.O.B'

"Why do they even have a book about periods!" James exclaimed, looking appalled at the book in his hands as they walked out of the library together.

"Why did you even pick that book, dad?!" Harry asked, looking shocked and disturbed, earning a smack in the head from Hermione.

"Honestly, grow up, idiots." She hissed, making them all gulp.