sixty eight

"Girl's Day"

-IT WAS NOW THE NEXT WEEK

-IT WAS NOW THE NEXT WEEK. Adhara, who was in the library, frowned when she noticed someone sitting in front of her, but didn't look up from the book in her hands. "I suggest you leave, Potter senior."

"I've missed that name," mused James Potter, sighing when she ignored him. "C'mon, Addie. I want to prove to you that I'm worthy of being a good godfather."

"Sev's my godfather."

James rolled his eyes at the mention of Snape. "I'm the choice godfather, he's the legal one." He explained as if it was obvious.

"You're a self-made godfather." Adhara pointed out with an eye-roll.

"Exactly. Choice godfather. My choice." James grinned.

She rolled her eyes again, but this time with a sigh.

The sigh contained feelings that Adhara tried to hide. Feelings like exhaustion, which the man immediately noticed.

James swallowed his pity, knowing the girl would never accept that sort of emotion towards her. "Anyways, I was thinking we should have a girl's day."

She finally looked up from the book in her hands and raised an eyebrow. "You do know that you're not a girl, right?" She slowly asked, almost as if she was worried James had forgotten.

"I'm married to Lily Evans. I'm pretty sure I know how to spend a girl's day even without being a girl."

"Or you can just leave me alone and let me be." She suggested hopefully with a shrug.

James' stupid grin didn't falter. On the contrary, it only grew. "Nope." He said, popping the 'p'. "You and I are having a girl's day. Let's go."

   Even though Adhara would never admit it, she actually missed James and Lily, and even Remus

Even though Adhara would never admit it, she actually missed James and Lily, and even Remus. Which wasn't actually surprising because only they tried checking up on her (more Remus than the Potter couple, but that was alright).

Harry, however, was there for her more than the whole family.

But she owed James an explanation as to why she was ignoring him. Yes, she went through something traumatizing, but he did try to check up on her and remind her that she wasn't alone- which she still ignored, not really believing him.