fourty two

"Fights"

-ADHARA FROWNED AS HERMIONE WALKED OUT OF THE ROOM SHE JUST SAT IN

-ADHARA FROWNED AS HERMIONE WALKED OUT OF THE ROOM SHE JUST SAT IN. "Maybe you should go after her." suggested Harry, who also noticed the same thing.

"Don't tell me what to do." Adhara immediately said.

Harry smirked slightly, "You're still going after her, aren't you?"

Adhara rolled her eyes, "Shut up." She mumbled and walked out of the room, leaving Harry in laughter.

   "Why are you ignoring me?" Adhara asked, walking into Hermione's room

"Oh, you've finally noticed." scoffed her girlfriend, putting her books in the bookshelves.

Adhara frowned, "I thought you wanted some time-"

"I didn't want time." Hermione cut her off and looked at her, "I wanted you."

"I don't get it so just tell me what's wrong." Adhara said, starting to get fed up by her girlfriend's attitude. "Go on, Hermione. What are you waiting for?"

"You won't believe me, so what's the use in arguing?"

"You won't know that for sure until you tell me."

"Nott said some things to me." Hermione admitted, looking away from her frowning girlfriend. "She talked about how you're using me, and that you don't actually have any feelings for me. She also said that you'll be falling for her one day instead."

"Mia, Alyssa's actually nice and she'd never say that-"

"So you're saying that you don't believe me?" Hermione cut her off, looking hurt.

"I'm not saying that I don't believe you. All I'm saying is that she'd never say those things."

"She did! You've got to believe me, Addie!"

Adhara sighed, looking conflicted. "Why would a girl suddenly want to break us up, Mia? She's new and has been at Hogwarts for only four months."

"What does that have to do with anything?!" Hermione shouted, her voice dropping to a broken whisper as she continued, "Please, Adhara. Trust me on this one."

"I do." Adhara said, "But you've got to trust me as well. No matter what she wants or does, she can never make me want her."

"She won't stop trying-!"

"Hermione." Adhara cut her off sternly, "Don't you trust me?"

Hermione hesitated, making Adhara frown. "That's how low you think of me?" Adhara whispered in hurt.

"Addie, please.."

"You don't trust me. You think I'll actually cheat on you or some shit?!"

"I do trust you." Hermione tried, but it was clear to them both that it was a lie.

Adhara let out a bitter laugh, her eyes slightly tearing up. "Come back to me when you're able to say that again, but with no lies." She stated and walked out of the room, leaving Hermione alone.

Hermione's eyes teared up. She didn't even try wiping the tears that started falling.

No matter how hard she tried to ignore it, a part of her heart didn't trust Adhara, for what reason she didn't know.

Adhara, who was now in her room, shut the door harshly and sat on her bed, not knowing what to do. She was feeling many emotions at once. Anger, because she hadn't given her girlfriend a reason not to be trusted, yet Hermione still doesn't trust her. Sad, because..

She shook her head, trying to get rid of the thought. There was absolutely no way.. She didn't love Hermione, right?.. Definitely not.

   "It's from her isn't it?" asked Hermione, who had just walked into the huge library

Adhara looked up from the letter in her hands, and sighed. It was the first time they have spoken to each other in days, and it was finally their anniversary, not that they had spoken.

"Incendio." Adhara mumbled, pointing her wand at the letter.

Hermione's eyes widened slightly, looking at her girlfriend, who was already looking at her.

"I'll stop talking to her."

"No." Hermione said immediately, "It was my fault, I'm sorry. I should trust you-"

"Which is why I'm giving you proof that I am worth your trust." Adhara cut her off, pointing to the burnt letter, "I won't reply to any of her letters, nor will I talk to her at school."

Hermione looked like she was debating on something. "You don't have to."

"I want to." Adhara simply said and stood up, "I'm sorry. I should've believed you."

Hermione nodded, frowning slightly when it was still clear that she wasn't fully believing her but was letting it slide.

"Let's spend our one-year anniversary together, yeah?"

Hermione smiled as her girlfriend kissed her forehead, "Yeah."