Part 14

While Ashima was confused on whether to meet Ashwin or not, she received a call, it was from Kayal.

Kayal: hey ashi

Ashima: hello, ippo dhan kannuku teriyurena? Vandhu 2 days aagudhu!!

Kayal: you know my work schedule, just got back home after on call work. How are you? What happened to vacation plan?

Ashima: Edho iruken, the ticket prices have skyrocketed. Going to give a few more days and see how it goes. How are you? Work all ok?

Kayal: All good with me. Nee yen edho iruke nu solra? Don't tell me you're worried for a vacation trip.

Ashima: Adhelam ille, I just met Ashwin a while ago.

Kayal: whattt? enna solra nee? How come he's here? Are you serious, Ashi?

Ashima: nee yen di ivlo shock reaction kudukura

Kayal: Ashwin a meet panirkenu solra, of course it's shocking. Okay, tell me, where did you meet and what happened?

Ashima: He came home to meet amma. Apparently, he came back from Aussie last week.

Kayal: is he back for good?

Ashima: Vaa poi ketutu varalam (rolled her eyes)

Kayal: (giggled), oops, sorry!

Ashima: Amma edho vela pandranganu nenakiren. Felt like he came home today intentionally.

Kayal: Why do you think so? He could have come to meet aunty la, you know they both are close.

Ashima: If that's the case, then why would he bring along watch as a gift and pass it to me?

Kayal: wait, whattttt? Innum ethane shocking news solla pora nee. How did this happen?

Ashima: No idea, he was already here when I came back home. Adhan solren it was like a planned one. I tried to avoid having any conversation with him, hi mattum dhan sonnen.

Kayal: Hmmm, are you feeling alright?

Ashima: I have no idea, to be honest. Normal a vandhu pesitu poirundha kuda paravala, why he had to bring a watch, felt like he's hinting at something. And of course, my mind had to overthink of it. Amma was saying I should talk it out with him.

Kayal: He hasn't changed a bit, right? Anywaysss, why are you getting yourself worked up?

Ashima: what else am I to do?

Kayal: I'm sure you'll be able to answer yourself. If you think talking to him will make you feel better and clear up your mind, then go for it.

Ashima: After all that had happened, I don't think I could face him and talk about it.

Kayal: That's because you still love him, Ashi. Ivlo varusham aachu, things may have changed right.

Ashima: Shekar mama lam easy a change panra aal ille di

Kayal: why are you still bothered about him?

Ashima: Of course, I will.

Kayal: Ughhh, fine! Oru naal avar enkita maatuvaru, appo pathukuren. Let's put it this way. When you met Ashwin, did you feel alright? If yes, then forget about whatever we discussed. If no, you should know what to do. Naan solli dhan unaku teriyanumnu ille. Nee poitu Ashwin kitta normal a pesunale podhum, at least you'll get to know how he's been feeling like.

Ashima: But isn't it going to be awkward? After all these years of avoidance, it's a bit weird to go and talk all of a sudden. I wonder how he'll view it.

Kayal: (laughed), really? I'm sure Ashwin knows how you're feeling like. Just don't overthink. And you're going to do this for your own peace of mind, then why worry?

Ashima: But still..

Kayal: Ashi, don't you think it's been long since I smacked you down?

Ashima: (giggled), okay okay, I'll make up my mind.

Kayal: Good! Let me know how it goes okay. Ttyl. (Call ended).

Sandhya had called Kayal earlier and said she met someone that could possibly be Ashwin. Kayal gave a call to Ashima just to make sure if Ashima's doing fine and to reconfirm if it was Ashwin whom Sandhya saw.

Eventually, Ashima decided to meet Ashwin

Eventually, Ashima decided to meet Ashwin. She got his number from her mum and sent him a text.

Ashima: Hey, Ashi here. Hope I'm not disturbing you. Sorry that I didn't behave in a welcoming way earlier. Didn't expect to see you home.

Ashwin has Ashima's number saved, he quickly opened the message the moment he saw it was from Ashima.

Ashwin: Hello abby! No problem, I can understand.

Ashima: (M/V: this guy...certainly did not change). Will you be free anytime tomorrow or day after, was thinking if we could meet?

Ashwin: Sure, tomorrow sounds good to me. Lunch or dinner?

Ashima: Lunch is fine.

Ashwin: Done, I'll see you tomorrow then. Thank you for texting, I'm quite surprised, because I least expected to receive a text from you. Hope you liked the watch!