Part 45

Part 45

Just another normal day...

It's Valentine's day and Ashwin have got the day off. There was nothing much going on with Ashima, she was busy traveling for work purpose.

Ashwin didn't want to stay at home as he knows he'll start missing Ashima more than usual. He planned to visit places where he would bring Ashima if she was there with him. (A/N: weird, I know, but that's how Ashwin's coping mechanism works like). He thought of having Ashima on video call while visiting the places thinking that at least she's there with him virtually and they would get to spend the day together. But he knows Ashima has work and having 8 hours' time difference only made things harder for the both of them. He sent a quick text to Ashima.

Ashwin: Morning abby, I know you're still sleeping. Happy Valentine's Day abby <3, it's going to be just another normal day for us. This isn't easy but thank you for choosing to go through it with me, lots of love. I'm sorry for the spams you're going to get today. Though you're not here with me right now, you're always in my thoughts, it's just a little extra today. I'm going to go to few places, enjoy the day and create more memories for us.

Each place that he visited to, he spent some time, took pictures, bought souvenirs and etc..he shared all the pictures to Ashima via text.

A/N: Thank you @soulful_scribbler for this edit 😍 worked well with the timeline of the story 💛 

Ashima woke up and saw Ashwin's text. She smiled thinking how Ashwin is still the same, doing all these little crazy things. She video called him, and Ashwin immediately answered it, it's like he's been waiting for her call.

Ashwin: morning abby! This is a surpise call

Ashima: morningggg!! Nee enna panitu iruka?

Ashwin: you didn't check my message?

Ashima: I did, which is why I called you

Ashwin: hehe, nothing else to do today, it's my off day

Ashima: off day is meant for resting aana look at you, all out and about for places, adhum on Valentine's day, it's only going to make you feel bad

Ashwin: apdilam edhume illa, you know me..this is how it will work for me. If I'm at home, I'll be just thinking of you and us. At least now I'm out, keeping myself busy

Ashima: by visiting to places where everyone else would on this day?

Ashwin: we are also visiting together with them

Ashima: huh?

Ashwin: you're on call with me, that does mean we are visiting the places together, isn't it?

Ashima: abbyyyy

Ashwin: hehe sorry romba mokka poduren..what plans today?

Ashima: work as usual

Ashwin: lucky you, work iruku, keeps you busier

Ashima: venumna neeyum vandhu help pannu

Ashwin: epdi next flight eduthu varata?

Ashima: (laughed) I miss you abby, happy valentine's day, thank you for always making me feel loved

Ashwin: happy valentine's day abby, love you so much

Ashima: when are you going back home?

Ashwin: maybe in an hour time...

Ashima: ok abby, enjoy the day. Good that I called and spent some time, another memory added apart from the pics you've been sending

Ashwin: 🤩🤩🤩, thank youuu for that..okay I'll let you go now, have a good day abby!

Ashima: wait..thideernu onnu thonuchu

Ashwin: what is it?

Ashima: we've got roughly 7 months right before we get to meet again. Let's write a note daily from today onwards on how we are feeling like. I know it can be easily done by sending each other a text, but nothing beats handwritten ones. Also, when we look at it when we meet each other, which is in 7 months' time, it will be of a different feel. What say?

Ashwin: abbbyy..chanceless! Early morning ae ivlo oru nalla idea. I'm all in for it

Ashima: hehe, thank you thank you. Un kita pesunen la, adhan ipdi oru idea..

Ashwin: sensed your sarcasm abby!!

Ashima: (smiled) love you abby, I'll talk to you soon

After all, it's not just another normal day for the both of them. They never failed to make it an unforgettable one.