Part 11

Ashima got ready to go out for lunch with Sandhya. After a long discussion, they finally decided on where to go for lunch (A/N: obvs the usual spot, with friends, there's no point of discussing on trying out 'a new place to eat'). They parked their car and tried their luck in making a last-minute reservation for lunch during 'lunch hours' in one of the busiest shopping malls (again, things that can only happen when you're with friends). Somehow, they managed to get a reservation, with a waiting time of an hour. To kill their time, the girls decided to just walk around the mall. While window shopping, Sandhya happened to see a familiar face. She was trying to recall who is it, after some time, her mindvoice went on like "Wait, is it Ashwin? It does look like him at a glance, but wait, how is he even here!? Kayal edhume solave illaye". Without thinking further, Sandhya dragged Ashima, saying let's go to the restroom.

Ashwin came to the mall to check out a game store. Ashima and Sandhya passed by the store while he was waiting at the checkout counter. He knew he surely saw Sandhya but wasn't sure who was with Sandhya. After getting his things, he wanted to go and talk to Sandhya andddd he realized it's Ashima who's with Sandhya. (Ashwin's M/V: Athai told Ashima is in France but naan ennoda abby ah paatha maari dhane iruku, even the other day, she was at work when akka video called). He was confused and wanted to make sure if it's really Ashima. He went around to a corner, acted like he's on call while waiting for the girls to walk through that way. To his surprise, it is Ashima & Sandhya whom he saw! Ashwin called up Swetha immediately.

Ashwin : (pick up the call kaaaa!!)

-Swetha answered the call-

Swetha : ennada? So many missed calls? What's wrong?

Ashwin : what took you so long to answer my call (sighed)

Swetha : I was at the kitchen doing some work, why what's up?

Ashwin : Is Ashima here?

Swetha : huh?

Ashwin : Is Ashima here in Chennai?

Swetha : of course no! Aniki dhane video call la pesunom, neeyum pathute dhane irundhe?

Ashwin : yes ka but I just saw her! She's just here, right in front of my eyes!

Swetha : deiiiii, get your eyes for checked. Vera yaaro va irukum. Orey oru call dhane, innuma nee veliya varala andha call la irundhu. Idhelam romba over da, soliten

Ashwin : aiyo ka, naan unmaya dhan solren. I just saw her ka, it's my abby! I'm so sure about it.

Swetha : edhadhu olaritey iru, I have got work to do. Sapda variya illaya veetuku?

Ashwin : naan enna pesitu irken, ippo poi lunch pathi kekura, nalla akka nee. I'll call you back later.

-Ashwin ended the call and immediately rang up to his aunt, Kalaiyarasi (Ashima's mum)-

Ashwin : hello, athai?

Ashima's mum : hi da! How are u?

Ashwin : Nalla iruken, neenga epdi irukinga?

Ashima's mum : I'm fine too pa, coming over?

Ashwin : no no athai, I actually called you to ask if Ashima's here? I think I just saw her here in a shopping mall..

Ashima's mum : (laughed)

Ashwin : athai why are you laughing?

Ashima's mum : aprum vera enna pandradham? Never knew you can be this fast...

Ashwin : what? Are you serious that I actually saw Ashima? Athai, how come you didn't inform me about this!!!

Ashima's mum : (laughs) It was an unplanned one, her plane did an emergency landing at Dubai so I told her to come over before continuing her vacation.

Ashwin : oh I see, which means she's going for her vacation in a few days' time?

Ashima's mum : not sure about that, she was complaining that the ticket fares are high and so on.

Ashwin : okay athai, do you have any idea on what time she would be back home?

Ashima's mum : nope but why? (in a teasing tone)

Ashwin : (blushed) umm just asking..

Ashima's mum : not sure when she will be back, she went out with Sandhya so epdiyum late aagum, but the home is always ready to welcome you!

Ashwin : (jumped over happiness)

Ashima's mum : all okay? Edho seri illaye..

Ashwin : (smiled) ntg like that athai, will come over definitely!!

Ashima's mum : adhane paarthen, come come, I can't wait to see on how she reacts as well bcos according to her, you're still in Australia.

Ashwin : dammit, that's great! Ok athai, see you soon!

Ashima's mum : alright (smiled and hanged the call)

A/N: Ashwin is planning to meet Ashima at her home later on but Ashima has no clue about this. And she doesn't know that her mum is actually helping out Ashwin. How will Ashima react and what is she going to do when she gets to meet her abby? Oops I meant Ashwin 😁