Part 7

I Don't Want Us To Be Strangers ... Again

While sitting by Ashima's side, Ashwin reminisced the memories he had with Ashima. He recalled on how he had his first eye on Ashima, seeing how jealous Ashima gets when her mum starts feeding him on purpose, in front of Ashima. Ashima always had this jealousy and a little hatred towards Ashwin because Ashima's mum takes care of Ashwin like her own son and at times she even overlooks Ashima when Ashwin is there. Due to that, Ashima had never bothered having conversation with Ashwin or hang out with him. They only hang out during family gatherings and outings. He caressed Ashima's hair and started tearing. His tears dropped on Ashima's cheeks, Ashima opened her eyes slightly, looking very tired and exhausted.

Ashwin : Abbyyyy!! You okay? Why did you do this Abby? I'm here for you na? Yen ipdilam panra?

Ashima : (started crying)

Sandhya : Can you pls get going, she's crying again bcos of you.

Kayal : sandy...

Sandhya : Enna panna solra? He's the cause for all this and now he's consoling. What shall we call this as?

-Ashwin didn't utter a word for that-

Ashima : Guys, pls.

-Ashwin held Ashima's hand tightly and didn't want to let her go-

Ashima : plss. (Tried taking her hand away)

Ashwin : no abby, please.

Ashima : See here Abby, take some time and think about it, you will get to know I'm doing this for our good. As a dad, mama cares for you so much. Why do you want to crash down his hopes and dreams?

Ashwin : aren't you one of my dream as well?

Ashima : Teriyum abby but when it comes to love or parents, you should make parents as your prior. You know that right?

Ashwin : (nodded his head)

Ashima : then? What's stopping you? I think it's better if you be like how mama expects... He dislikes seeing us together, why should we still continue it? If he's opposing it now, then there's going to be high chances for him to oppose in the future too. Instead of being worried, be glad that we got to know about this now. Okay?

Ashwin : (placed his head on Ashima's hand and started crying)

-Seeing Ashwin crying badly, Kayal and Sandhya were actually moved, they decided to give Ashwin & Ashima their privacy-

Ashima : Abby, listen to me please. I'm not ready to go through this abby. There's no wrong if we are giving up our happiness for our parents, that's probably the least we could do for them to pay back all that they did for us. You want to see your dad happy right?

Ashwin : yea..but

Ashima : there's no but abby, there shouldn't be.

Ashwin : I can try making him to understand about us, about our love. A try would do.

Ashima : no abby, he was very clear with me. If it's meant to be, it will find its way.

Ashwin : (speechless and decided to leave the place) Okay abby, as you say but just know that I'm still not satisfied with the decision you've taken, take care of yourself, I'll come and meet your tmr morning! Take care okay? (Went to kiss on Ashima's forehead but Ashima stopped him so he sighed and went off)

-Ashwin was tearing the whole time when he was getting back to his home and Ashima was crying at her hostel. She was out of words on how to explain what she's going through. Ashima then called her mum.

Ashima : ma, I won't be back today...there's some assignments that I've to get done during the weekend. Take care ma.

Ashima's mum : Okay...take care!

-The call ended quickly, Ashima didn't want her mum to even doubt if anything's wrong. Kayal and Sandhya tried consoling Ashima but nothing seemed to work, she wanted to be alone. Meanwhile, Ashwin was very mad at his dad that he refused to talk to his dad that night. He got into his room and was clueless on what to do. All his thoughts were on how can his dad behave in such a way to Ashima, why would Ashima drink up cough syrups for this, why didn't she let him know what's going on, why is she going through all of this & so on...