Part 25

Once everyone got settled in the plane, Ashima went to washroom and while on the way back, she asked one of the airhostesses if there's any empty seats. None was available, the flight was fully booked, without a choice, Ashima had to sit beside Vinay throughout the journey. As the flight was preparing for take-off, Ashima can't pretend anymore to be busy with phone. And of course, Vinay had to start a conversation.

Vinay: so, how's life? Been long since we met, right?

Ashima: going well

Vinay: what are you doing currently, working?

Ashima: yes!

Vinay: oh nice

Ashima: (smiled)

Vinay: any occasion in Bali or just holiday purpose?

Ashima: Meeting up with few of my friends, so yes, it's a vacation with my buddies. How about you?

Vinay: nice nice, I've got a day work there, but took some extra days just to enjoy around Bali

Ashima: (M/V: oh well, of course, knowing you, you'd obviously go there for a long vacay)

Vinay: who knows, we might be traveling to the same places right?

Ashima: err no, I hope not!

Vinay: sorry, what?

Ashima: oh, nothing. I'm just having a bad headache; think I need to sleep.

Vinay: hey, sure! Have some rest, sorry, you know me, can't stop chatting to people

Ashima then turned her face towards the window and thought to herself "He better not be visiting the same places, ughhh, why is he even coming to Bali".

She lied to Vinay saying she's going for vacation with her friends. She knows that if she didn't say so, Vinay would somehow try to plan and come along with her for all the place she visits to. She didn't want that to happen.

After about 5 hours, flight landed at Changi Airport, Singapore for a transit. Ashima felt a sense of relief and was hoping that she's not seated next to him in the next flight which goes to Bali.

Vinay: hey, since we have quite some time, do you want to go to a café together?

Ashima: No Vinay, you carry on. I've got some work to do and few calls to make.

Vinay: you sure? I can wait though

Ashima: hey no, it's ok. Please carry on

Vinay: okay (with a smile). I'll see you around then in next flight. (gave his name card) Here's my number, if you need anything, don't hesitate to give me a call/text alright.

Ashima took the card, bid bye to him and walked off. She was thinking to herself why I would ever need his help, oh god! He's surely coming up with some weird plans.

She then called Abishek and told how her "journey" with Vinay was. Abishek was laughing on call.

Abishek: ka, unakaga he's coming along..not bad!

Ashima: deiiii, comedy a iruka unaku

Abishek: haha, aama. Anyways, just make sure he's not following you wherever you go because he's capable of doing such creep works. Should have brought me along la, nee ipdi thaniya irundhurka vena

Ashima: not that I knew he's coming right, illena I would have brought someone along, haih

Abishek: ohhh, yaar andha someone? Enna dhane solra?

Ashima: aasai padalam, perasai pada kudadhu seriya. Inform amma and appa, I'll talk to you'll tonight.

Ashima was looking around for a café and trying to make sure she doesn't end up going to where Vinay is. After about 10 mins, she managed to find a cafe further away from where Vinay could possibly be, but the café was crowded. She just went in, thinking it's going be just for an hour. 

Due to the crowd, most tables were occupied, and one of the waitresses said that she'll have to share a table with someone else. Though Ashima hates being in a crowd, she had to say yes for it, without a choice. 

The waitress found a table, went and asked the person who's already sitting if they are okay with someone else occupying the empty seat on their table. 

The person was reading a book, he kept it down and responded to the waitress saying yes sure, that's not a problem at all. The waitress then called Ashima towards the table, and Ashima saw another familiar face, Ashwin.