Part 18

Lathik's Birthday Party🎉🎈

It was a small birthday function for Lathik, who has just turned 5 years old. Relatives and few family friends of Ashwin & Ashima gathered at Lathik's home. Ashwin came to the venue an hour earlier, as he knows Ashima would be coming, he was excited to meet her again, that one excitement which has always been constant. Ashima came along with her family (parents and her younger brother, Abishek). Ashima saw Shweta first when she entered inside.

Shweta: Hellloooo my darling (hugged Ashima tightly)

Ashima: Hello sweetheart! How are you? I see so much happiness in your face. What's happening?

Shweta: (smiled) can you notttt!

Ashima: Apdina ennamo iruku, kandupudikiren!

Shweta: kandupuduchiko, now, enough of teasing me. What's up with you? Continuous dates going on I see?

Ashima: (tried her best not to blush) umm nothing like that, we just met for lunch, adhum just one day dhane. Nee over imagine pannadha

Shweta: paatha apdi onnum therleye

-Ashima then saw her aunty and uncle (Ashwin's parents) having a talk. She quickly tried to cut short of Shweta's teasing by going towards her aunt & uncle.

Ashima: Hi mama, how are you (smiled, with a fear)

Shekar: Heyyyy! I'm good ma, how are you? Is everything fine with your work and stuffs? (hugged Ashima lovingly)

Ashima: everything's great mama. Happy to see you all after a long time.

Ashima then greeted her aunt and had a talk with her aunt. Shweta was taken aback seeing her dad behaving so normal and lovingly to Ashima. She quickly pulled Ashwin from where he was and they both were watching Shekar & Ashima from afar.

Shweta: Dei what's happening? Did you just see that?

Ashwin: yea ka, enna idhu pudhu drama. Maybe he's just acting normal, you can never trust him (Ashwin was still mad at his dad)

Shweta: No da, it looks different. Ashima must have truly felt happy after seeing appa behaving like that to her. I'm happy (smiled widely and tapped on Ashwin's shoulder)

Ashwin: well, we can only hope

Ashwin then moved on from there and went on helping out Lathik's parents. It was a fun-filled even with cake cutting, group photos and family dinner, after a long time. After dinner, the elders had lots of stories to catch up with, as always.

Ashwin was somehow trying to talk with Ashima. Little did he know, Ashima was also finding a space to talk with him. But she wasn't ready to make the first move. Ashwin was convincing Shweta to bring Ashima aside so that he could spend some time with her. Shweta then went near Ashima.

Shweta: Ashi, Ashwin wants to talk to you. I don't want to be the messenger for you both. Pesama poi neeye pesidu, enna vidunga. Ashima turned around and looked at Ashwin, who gave an innocent face pretending like he doesn't know what's going on.