Part 22

The next day, Ashwin & Ashima met at a nearby café. Ashwin reached earlier, he went in and was waited for Ashima. As Ashima walked towards him, Ashwin quickly got up and greeted her with a hug. Both of them got a little emotional, only they know how much they have longed for this, even though it's just a greet hug. They sat down and chatted over coffee.

Ashima: there's so much of happiness in your face, did you notice it for yourself?

Ashwin: really? (giggled), not like you don't know why, right?

Ashima: Well, of course, I do. You have no idea how happy I was when you told me you talked to mama. Ivlo naal irundha oru pain and worry is no more now, it's like, you've taken weight off my shoulders.

Ashwin: (smiled), and I owe it to you. I wouldn't have made any moves if it wasn't for you.

Ashima: (remained silent) Athai must be so happy la, knowing what happened between you and mama.

Ashwin: well, Shweta and amma watched all the drama from afar and made fun(rolled eyes)

Ashima: (giggled), I'm happy for you guys!!

Ashwin: and this morning..you should have seen it. Appa was literally going crazy. He waited for me so that we could have breakfast together and spent some time talking before leaving to work.

Ashima: and that is mama for you. This is him, he's a lovely person, I'll always say this. He has always wanted the best for you.

Ashwin: well..okay okay, enough of your lovely mama stories. So, where are you going for vacation?

Ashima: vera topic ae illaya?

Ashwin: why? Idhuvum oru topic dhane..

Ashima: (rolled her eyes), to Bali

Ashwin: wow 😍, you do know that people usually don't go for solo vacations to Bali

Ashima: so? I choose to be different, and wait, you're actually wrong. I know many who have been there on a solo trip. Nee paatuku edhadhu solladha

Ashwin: yea yea okay!! do you need any help in getting things, you were saying yesterday that you'll have get some stuffs right?

Ashima: yea, will be going later on..help lam vena, there's nothing much to get, just a few. So, what's happening with you? Are you back here for good or for holidays?

Ashwin: Just for holidays, though I'd love to be back here for good. Might take another year or so for that happen.

Ashima: why, is it bad over there?

Ashwin: apdi edhum ille, you know me, I can't call it as home, I still feel left out despite all these years of staying there, there's no attachments.

Ashima: (laughed), apdi enna attachment venum?

Ashwin: (looked at Ashima, hinting at her)

Ashima: err okay, forget about it.

Ashwin: what about you, what are your plans after your *solo honeymoon* (coughed)

Ashima: (stared at Ashwin), you never know, I might find someone there and then, it's no more solo (smirked)

Ashwin: (almost choked on his coffee)

Ashima: (laughed looking at Ashwin)

Ashwin: do let me know okay if you happen to find someone, I'd love to meet him for a casual talk.

Ashima: andha thappa mattum naan panave maaten

Ashwin: well, let's see. I'll have my own ways.

They continued talking for a while and Ashima said she'll have to make a move to get a few things for her *solo honeymoon*. She didn't want Ashwin to accompany her to get things, because, she knows for a fact that, if he insists to come along for the vacation, she'll end up having a hard time saying no to him. Ashwin said bye to her and went back home.