Part 20

Lathik's birthday event got over and everyone bid bye to each other for about 100 times, because saying bye once, is never enough. While on the way back, Ashwin planned to speak with his dad. He did not inform about it to his Shweta nor his mum. There was some complete silence in the car and Ashwin started murmuring.

Ashwin: (coughs-trying to hint that he's about to say something)

Shweta: what's wrong?

Ashwin: onnum illaye

Ashwin: Ppp..pa..(Sounded very low whereby only Shweta could hear what he was trying to say as she was sitting beside him)

Shweta: heyyy..enna da?

Ashwin: onnum ille ka, yen? (gives a weird look)

Shweta: I heard you said pa.

Ashwin: yeah..

Shweta: how come? All of a sudden?

Ashwin: pesanumnu thonuchu

Shweta: paareda, surprising! But don't do it now. Talk to him once we get back home.

Ashwin: hmm okay!

Shweta was surprised but happy when she got to know that Ashwin is finally wanting to talk with their dad. In fact, she was waiting to watch the amount of happiness and uncontrolled emotions which would overflow between the dad-son. After getting back home, Shekar went and sat on the couch, turned on the TV and watched a football match (MUN-ARS). Ashwin was hesitating, he didn't know how to start the conversation, he knew it's going to be awkward.

Shweta: Deiii, poi pesu da (giving signal and brought her mum along to watch the *drama*)

Ashwin: aiyoo...okay okay!

Ashwin then went and sat on the couch near to his dad.

Ashwin: Paa..

Ashwin's dad: (Couldn't hear as the tv volume was loud, duhh it's a match, an important match, MU was losing!!)

Ashwin: (went and sat beside his dad) Paa..(held his hand)

Shekar: (shocked seeing Ashwin holding his hand)

Shekar: Sollu pa?

Ashwin: Nothing pa. I'm sorry.

Shekar: Heyy. C'mon. Why are you being sorry? You never have to feel sorry about anything towards me. Okay?

Ashwin: Okay..but I know there's fault on my side as well, that's why I felt like saying sorry. I really am. It's just that I don't know how to control my anger and emotions.

Shekar: It's okay ayya. (pats Ashwin's back). I've never taken your behaviors in a wrong way. Things happened and we can't say anything much about it. All is good now and you don't have to worry of anything! I'm perfectly alright with everything's that been happening.

Ashwin: (shocked) errr..

Shweta: (from the back), Idhu kuda purilaya da. He's trying to say he's fine with EVERYTHING that's been going on lately (teasing Ashwin)

Ashwin: (gave a stare to Shweta)

Ashwin and his dad continued watching the match while Shweta was with the mum. Ashwin's mum was in extreme happiness after seeing what had just happened. She was out of words to explain how happy she was. She wanted to let know about this to Ashima immediately, but Shweta stopped her mum.

Shweta: Ma, idhelam Ashima solli dhan nadandhurkanum...I'm very sure about this.

Ashwin's mum: I feel the same too. Bcos, it's a sudden change from Ashwin. So so happy seeing them back together! Nee venumna paar, tonight your dad is not gonna let me sleep. He's going to talk about his son talking back to him the whole night and fly in happiness.

Shweta: (laughsss) Ashwin will let Ashima know ma. If we tell her, she might assume that Ashwin told us about it.

Ashwin's mum: Seri, I'll talk about it to him as well tomorrow.