Part 30

While doing the check in:

Ashwin: you sure you don't want me to check if they have another room available?

Ashima: yea, there's no need of it, it's going to be of unnecessary expense

Ashwin: okay...

Ashima: why, what are you thinking?

Ashwin: nothing

Ashima: we are grown up adults, aren't we? It's a spacious room, we could either ask for an extra bed or manage with the couch, that would do. It's just a week! See first for yourself, if you find it uncomfortable then get another room, but I think you don't have to spend on this.

Ashwin: okay okay, I didn't even say anything, edhuku ivlo lecture?

Ashima: (laughed), un kooda irundhale, apde thaana varudhu

After checking into their room, Ashwin came to know how spacious the room is. Ashima looked at him, indicating "now you know why I said there's no need for another room" and Ashwin replied to her with an innocent smile.

They settled everything and it was around lunch time by then. Since they were tired after the long flight, they just ordered lunch from resort's room service. While waiting for food, Ashima was telling Ashwin what she has planned for the next one week and they did some changes here & there as Ashwin gave some suggestions.

Ashwin: abby...

Ashima: (too busy making changes to the itinerary)

Ashwin: abby..hello...can we talk...

Ashima: one sec plsss!

Ashwin: fine!

Once Ashima made the changes, she asked Ashwin what it is.

Ashwin: you said we can talk later right; we can talk now since the lunch is taking some time

Ashima: you sure?

Ashwin: ya, why? As long as I don't end up having any sudden attacks with the conversation, all is well

Ashima: Shebaa! Okay, so..I get it with what you said and I agree, things may have changed now with regards to mama. But now, it's not just about him or our family, it's about us individually

Ashwin: puriyala? What's with us?

Ashima: the future I have planned out is different to yours. I don't have any plan right now to come back to India for good. My job is such. I'll be traveling very often and where I'm based now (France) is a good place, I could easily fly in and out to other countries. Even if I settle, I will have to think of a convenient place. But, from what we talked the other day, you're wanting to come back and settle at home, which is fair enough. Do you see there's so much to think?

Ashwin: ok, before we talk further in this, you will have to first ask something and give answer to it for yourself

Ashima: it has always been a yes, just like how you said, even if you ask me 8 years from now, it will always be a yes

Ashwin: and what took you so long to admit it?

Ashima: that yes is for my feelings. The yes for reality is different from feelings, I need a yes from both, till then I can't make up my mind

Ashwin: hmm okay I understand, happy a irukardha ille sad a irukardha nu kuda therle, paravala the inner me will be jumping in happiness!

Ashima: 🤦‍♀️

Ashwin: Of course, I'd like to settle back at our home for good. But you know me, I don't force my ideas into anyone, especially to you. I'm not going to make you to follow my ideas, settle back at home and so on, you know that very well. It may not be now, but 15-20 years down the lane when we are retired, that's when I'd like to stay close to home, that's where my happiness is. I wouldn't want to be living in another country and miss my home country. I've seen many of our relatives go through that phase, isn't is sad? I know how your job is like and you'll be traveling a lot but mine isn't like that. I could move in to where you'll be based at. Isn't that an easier way? Neeye ivlo yosicha, naan evlo yosichirpen? Despite all these, you know what always wins & finds a way? Love. It's not shown, but you & I know it.

Ashima was stunned for a moment hearing what Ashwin just said. Did he just say he's ready to move from where he is to another country, for her? Just like how he flew to Bali now.

Ashwin: abby, what are you thinking?

Ashima: what did you just say? How can you say such things all of a sudden with an ease?

Ashwin: why? Idhelam already yosichi vechadhu dhane, adhunala enna iruku

Ashima: hmmm

Ashwin: ok, that's solved, what else is bothering with you?

Ashima was thinking to herself, how is he always finding an easy solution to all her first world problems.

Ashima: nothing, you know the obvious one

Ashwin: okay with appa, I don't think it's going be a big deal. After all, it's our lives, only our thoughts matter in it. He's not going to live it for us, he will understand it when we explain to him. Idhuku melayum avaruku ego lam irundhu enna panna poraru? He can't come up with any lame excuses like how he did last time. I have prepared answers to all his possible questions. It will not get to that extend, I have a feeling that he's going to easily agree for it. What do you think he can do when we are strong with what we feel? How long could he go against it?

Ashima: but still...

Ashwin: aiyo, abby. First, you should live your life for yourself and do what you feel is right. Why are you so worried on what others has to say? How is it going to benefit you? So, what even if it's my dad? Nee un feelings ku true a irundhale podhum, only that matters. How many years of your life have you regretted for not following what your heart says? Don't you think you deserve all the happiness, at least now? Pls abby, you need to think of yourself.

Ashima: okayyy, now you be giving me lectures

Ashwin: yea because needed to knock some senses into your head

Ashwin got up from his place, came and sat beside Ashima. He looked at her and said "don't you think it's about time we live this life for ourselves, creating all the moments and memories that we missed all these years?" Ashima nodded at him with a smile, laid her head on his shoulder and said, "love you abby". Ashwin replied, "Love you too" and kissed on her forehead.