Part 73

Months passed and it was a day before delivery day, Ashwin and Ashima traveled to the hospital. Ashima was already in pain, with fatigue and mood swings, Ashwin managed to calm her down a little until they get her admitted. 

Only a few hours left, and they had one of their deep conversations till date as a couple.

Ashwin sat beside Ashima and held her hand tightly.

Ashwin: we're in this together..okay?

Ashima: na dhana ipo kashta paduren, unakenna

Ashwin: I know, I can understand, you must be feeling really frustrated, but is this how you want our kids to be? We promised to give them the best, cheer up Abby, apodhan they will feel better

Ashima: ennala mudiyala..

Ashwin: look at me Abby, I know you're going to go through a lot, more than what you're already. But just hold on tight, you're going to be fine. I'll be right by your side, holding your hands just like this, making sure everything is okay. Whatever you want to do, do it to me, scream, scold, or anything but remember you will have to be calm later Abby. Vesh, Nesh and this abby needs to see your happy face

Hearing what Ashwin said made Ashima emotional, from being grumpy, she started crying, her emotions were like a roller coaster. 

And soon, it was time for delivery, Ashwin was by her side, holding her hand, caressing her hair, and telling her "It's going to be fine, Abby". Two beautiful twins were delivered and immediately after that, Ashima became unconscious. Doctors handed over the twins to Ashwin. The happiness he felt was something very new, he kept looking at both of them and Ashima. That's when he realized he's a dad now, to twins. 

Before going out from the room as doctors want Ashima to rest, Ashwin went towards her, gave a kiss on her forehead, and said, "Love you abby, you're going to be fine, we all are waiting for you" and left the room. 

He came out, made calls to his parents and in law's, told them about the delivery and the situation. All of them were happy for them, but Kalaiyarasi was in so much of nervousness. She sat in the praying room and refused to get up until she gets to hear Ashima's voice.