Part 40

All their family members came forward and congratulated them for making it official. Both Ashwin & Ashima's parents were admiring them two. Shweta gave a bouquet to Ashwin & Ashima and said "Finally!!". Ashima received the bouquet and hugged Shweta. Ashima was still crying, she didn't know to be happy for what just happened or be sad that Ashwin is going to fly off soon.

Ashima: do you really have to go? Why are you doing this to me? Ipdi lam panitu you're leaving me here and flying off, few more days please abby?

Ashwin: I have to really go abby, I would stay for few more days but I just don't have a choice...

Ashima: apdina why all this happened right here, at airport. It's not making me feel any better

Shekar & Lekha felt bad for Ashima. Shekar came towards Ashwin and said, "yen da ipdi panra" and handed over a paper to Ashima. Ashima was too busy trying to convince Ashwin that she didn't bother about what Shekar just gave her.

Abishek shouted from the back saying "Akka, azharadha stop panitu, open & see what mama (Shekar) gave you".

Ashima opened the paper and saw flight booking confirmation, her eyes were searching to see whose flight book confirmation is it and she saw Ashwin's name. His scheduled flight is on weekend, not today. Ashima stood frozen, she had no clue what's going on, she wasn't responding to anyone.

Ashwin held her hand and said "abby?". Ashima looked at Ashwin, showed the paper and asked, "is this true?". Ashwin nodded yes and said, "I'm sorry but I love you". She started punching him, saying "enna azha vechu pakradhula evlo sandhosham unaku, why did you hide this and so on...". He embraced her, kissed on her forehead and said "all our special moments have to be a memorable one. I know you'll be mad, but we can't be telling our children a boring story, right? Ashima smiled and said, "love you abby".

Shweta & Abishek teased them from the back saying "okay guys...y'all can continue the rest somewhere else...decency please". Ashima disengaged herself from the hug as she felt embarrassed.

Ashwin then looked at everyone and said, "Mission accomplished. Kayal, can stop the recording the video already". Ashima was stunned, "Kayal!?!? Sandhya!?!? Even y'all didn't utter a word to me, neengaluma!!". They came and hugged her replying "how can we miss your special day? So happy for you di, you deserve only happiness".

Shweta: seri, ellam mudinchu, vaanga kelambalam

Everyone giggled and headed back home.

Ashwin followed Ashima and got into her car. Ashima remained so silent, she hardly spoke anything.

Ashwin: abby, kochikitiya?

Ashima still remained silent.

Ashwin: seri kochiko kochiko

Ashima turned towards Ashwin and rolled her eyes. Ashwin took her hand in his, caressed her palm with his finger.

Ashwin: ippo I'm here only la, why this silence?

Ashima: I just can't believe what had happened, feels like I'm in dream

Ashwin quickly pinched Ashima.

Ashima: ouch

Ashima: there, it's not a dream abby

Ashima: very funny abby

Ashwin: hehe, ok so, amma and appa said we'll be coming to your place tomorrow

Ashima: ennadhu!?

Ashwin: yen indha shock reaction?

Ashima: weren't they saying like wait for us to come back apdinu

Ashwin: adhu was just a drama

Ashima: so...the whole family joined along you in this drama, I'm the left out one

Ashwin: yea because the surprise is for you, logical a you have to be the left out one

Ashima: and whose brilliant ideas was this?

Ashwin: errmmm, abby, aren't you hungry? Where do you want to go and eat?

Ashima: don't try to change the topic!

Ashwin: (M/V: idhuku nee silent a ve irundhurkalam)

Ashima: hello!? Enna, you're in dream a now?

Ashwin: it was my idea...extra fittings lam Shweta, Abishek, Kayal, Sandhya's idea, so it's a teamwork. I'm not the only one to be blamed for

Ashima: (pinched Ashwin's ear)

Ashwin: valikidhu abby

Ashima: valikatummm! Enna oru pakka planning. From making me believe you're flying off today, airport ku vara vechu, book café, the boundless bond book, our family and the proposal

Ashwin: apde movie scenario maari iruku la?

Ashima: yea yea, yen solla maata, but writing a book and making sure it caught my eyes..can't describe how it feels like now when I think of it. You never fail to surprise me

Ashwin: hehe thank you thank you! It was a last-minute idea, but all worked out well

Ashima: that's it right for today? My poor heart can't take in anymore

Ashwin: (smiled) avlodhann, I'm hungry now!! I've not had anything since morning, let's go and eat

Ashima: why, did you like have all the feels like how you would when waiting for exam results?

Ashwin: (laughed), adha vida mosama irundhadhu

Ashima: you know it'll be a yes from me, aprum enna?

Ashwin: adhelam unaku sonna puriyadhu abby, vaa poi sapdalam, pasikidhu!!