Part 15

Ashwin told his sister, Swetha that Ashima texted him and they are going to meet tomorrow. Swetha was excited for Ashwin, with a little hope thinking Ashima changed her mind. The next day, Ashwin woke up way earlier than usual. He quickly took his phone to check the time, it was only around 7 in the morning. He said to himself "Enna da, ippove ivlo excitement ah unaku? Pesama poi thoongu da". He was tossing and turning for about an hour and then got back to sleep.

Ashima got ready and told her mum that she's going to meet Ashwin.

Ashima: Ma..

Kalaiyarasi: yess, you're all dressed up, enga pora?

Ashima: Going to meet Ashwin ma

Kalaiyarasi: (with a shock look)

Ashima: Enna ma?

Kalaiyarasi: Onnum ille..I'm glad that you took this decision. Just remember, don't get yourself worried thinking too much of the past. Let whatever happened in the past to remain there. Now, just make it as a casual one, talk out to him and take things slowly, okay?

Ashima: (nodded her head).

Kalaiyarasi: (hugged Ashima). Everything's going to be fine.

Ashwin was waiting for Ashima outside, Kalaiyarasi came out looking for Ashwin and gave him a teasing smile while Ashima got into the car.

Ashwin : Hellooooooo (excitingly with a wide smile)

Ashima : Hi (felt so awkward)

Ashwin : How are you?

Ashima : good, thanks. You?

Ashwin : Supergood! Where do you wanna go?

Ashima : Anywhere, but not a crowded place.

Ashwin : (laughed) Surely, I can still remember your likes and dislikes abby, don't worry.

Ashima : (rolled her eyes)

Ashwin : Lavender, Lily, Lotus, choose one from these

Ashima: what's this for?

Ashwin: Just choose..I've got few places on mind

Ashima chose Lily and they headed to a nearby restaurant. They went in and ordered something to eat.

Ashwin: So, how's everything with you, how's life, work and all?

Ashima: yea everything's going well.

Ashwin: fashion stylist?

Ashima: yesss, how's it all with you?

Ashwin: not bad, been alright..absolutely hated first few years of being away but eventually things got better

Ashima: (smiled)

After good 5 mins of silence and awkwardness,

Ashwin: Did athai pass you the watch?

Ashima: yess she did, why did you get a watch?

Ashwin: You're not obsessed with it anymore?

Ashima: adhelam irukatum, I'm asking WHY did you get, there wasn't any need for it

Ashwin: umm..that's because...my feelings for you hasn't changed, even after all these years

Ashima: what do you mean?

Ashwin: kaadhu kekalaya enna?

Ashima: (gave a cold stare)

Ashwin: Even if you ask me after another 8 years, I'll say the same thing, over and over again...