Part 72

Ashwin and Ashima wanted to make their pregnancy journey as one of the most memorable one in their lives, compared to all those they had before. They came up with lots of plans. 

Throughout the pregnancy journey, Ashwin took care of Ashima so much, like how a father would take care of their kids. Ashima felt so loved, the love and care Ashwin showed on her was very different, made her feel extremely special.

But like every other couple, they had their bad times as well, Ashwin had to deal with Ashima's mood swings, at times, she barely spoke to him, she wanted to just be alone, there were times where Ashwin felt they should have flown back to Chennai and be with parents as he can't handle Ashima alone. But he will tend to sit and think that they are in this together and he must be the one who must give in and make sure Ashima is alright. Whenever he's in doubt, he would call his mum and athai, ask them what to do and follow it. Even with all the doctor appointments, he was up to date.

A few months later, they got to know that they are having a twins. The excitement and happiness they had multiplied a lot more after knowing that Ashwin was surprisingly shocked too as Ashima always wanted a twins.

Ashwin: abby, nee nenaikradhu lam apde nadakadhu?

Ashwin: ah, see, they are mummy's chellams so they will be according to my wish

Ashwin: eh hello, I'm their dad in case you forgot about it

Ashima: apdiya da kannungala? (Ashima looked at her baby bump and asked)

Ashima felt baby kicks and smiled, she made Ashwin to feel it too.

Ashwin: ahem ahem, they are daddy's ones too, ippo purinjadha?

Ashima then smiled and said of course they are, always!

Ashwin: enna names vekalam??? (with a wide smile)

Ashima: mind la edho iruku polaye

Ashwin: hehe, yes yes but you first

Ashima: no big expectations. Would want 'sh' in their names

Ashwin: why so?

Ashima: there's 'sh' in both our names, want our kids to carry forward just that with them

Ashwin: such a lovely thought that is

Ashima: smart la?

Ashwin: ermm a little

Ashima: ennadhu?

Ashwin: onnum illaye, panidalam

Ashima: what was on your mind?

Ashwin: wanted something that could rhyme, name lam exact a yosikala and also a short one

Ashima: hmmm, vesh?

Ashwin: and nesh?

Ashima: ayyy that's nice!! Vesh and Nesh, I love it

Ashwin: great!! I like it too, fix panalama?

Ashima: pakka