Part 16

Ashima wasn't surprised when Ashwin said feelings hasn't changed. She's been feeling the same but helpless.

Ashima: Can I tell you something?

Ashwin: sure abby, you don't even have to ask

Ashima: First, don't call me abby. Things have ended between us and we know what abby means to us, ivlo nadandhum, why are you calling me as abby? And all that which happened, didn't it do good for us? Look at us now, we did well in studies and now, exceling in our respective professions. Iniki naan pesa vandhadhe is because of the watch you gifted. The moment I saw it, I knew that you haven't moved on. I have tried my best avoiding you in all possible ways, it wasn't an easy thing to do, for both of us. It was definitely a heart-wrenching decision. I wouldn't blame you; I chose to go through it and pulled you in together. It took me a long time to pick up myself. And now, after all these years, it's all back to square one. I don't think I have the strength mentally to go through it all over again.

Ashwin remained silent listening to Ashima.

Ashima: don't you have anything to say?

Ashwin: I do, I'll wait till you're done

Ashima: Ille that's all I wanted to say

Ashwin: okay..abby isn't just a word, it's an emotion, it's a feeling, it's love, it's us, it represents the beautiful bond we once had. How do you expect me to get over with that? I don't know for you but, I don't think I'll ever move on from what you think is just a 'word' and you. 8 yearssss, don't you think I would have tried to move on? Never a day went without thinking of you. I was mad at myself first for letting you go, I could have tried harder to keep you with me, I blamed myself so much for it, which is why I tried to get in touch with you. When I knew realized you kept avoiding me, I thought to myself, maybe I'm not good for you, I might not be the one, it would be such a cruel thing to force you to be in a relationship with me just because I love you. And then, I tried to move on. I kept myself busy and sought for help, but you know, nothing helped. The love changed into pain and slowly only the pain kept me going. Many days I have asked myself why is it hard to move on, why can't I choose my own happiness, why can't I start living for myself? To all these questions, you happen to be the answer. I don't know, we may not end up being in a relationship ever, but I can't seem to move on from you. It wasn't just love abby, if it was, I could have moved on. I've seen many around me moving on from their past relationships easily and I wonder how they could do it. Maybe it's just me. Of course, I know how much you've been through, for all that which appa spoke to you, enna vida nee dhan kashta patrupa. I didn't get you the watch with any hints, I felt like doing it, it was for my happiness honestly. I still can't believe that we are not together for a silly reason. We could have tried, really, to make him understand. I hope we can still remain as cousins at least, instead of strangers.

Ashwin left Ashima speechless, she didn't know how to respond to all that he said. She thought to herself "how can this guy still love me so much when I've made him go through the worst. How I wish I could tell him let's choose our own happiness, let's be together and prove them wrong, how I wish we can start over again...".

Ashwin: abby?

Ashima: I don't know what to say...but surely, we don't have to be strangers. I am sorry for all that you've been going through, only time can heal it for us.

Ashwin: (smiled) Just know that, I am always ready to start over it again.

Ashima: (M/V: screw you telepathy) ; (with a shocking look) what?

Ashwin: nothing, just pretend you didn't hear that. Can we start eating, the food's been staring at us for a long time

Ashima: (giggled) If it's meant to be, it will eventually find its way.

They had their lunch and Ashwin drove back Ashima to her home.

Ashima: Thank you, there's so much of relief after talking to you today.

Ashwin: better late than never, isn't it?

Ashima: (smiled), I'll see you around ok?

Ashwin: you mean tomorrow?

Ashima: what's happening tomorrow?

Ashwin: Lathik's birthday party, didn't athai tell you?

Ashima: ahhh, no she didn't. Ok, see you then. Drive safe and text me once you've reached home.

Ashwin: Love you too!

Ashima: what?!

Ashwin: ohh oops. I recently a post which said love you can be said in different ways and just connected what you said in such way

Ashima: (rolled her eyes) whatever it is, bye!

Ashwin: Bye abby (with a wide smile)