Part 44

Ashwin got to car and was waiting for Ashima's text. Ashima finished all the security checks and was waiting to board the plane, she texted Ashwin.

Ashima: abby, are you okay?

Ashwin: I should be asking you that, are you okay?

Ashima: yea abby, I'm trying to. Nee enna dha normal a irundhalum I know how you msut have felt. You would have remained strong just for me, illena I would have reacted more

Ashwin: I miss you 🥺

Ashima: Miss you too abby, I'll be fine okay, you don't worry about that. Go back home and spend some time with family before you fly off tomorrow. You'll feel better

Ashwin: Ok abby, love you. Have a safe flight and rest well

Ashima: 😘😘😘

Ashima boarded the flight, and she was crying throughout the flight. She started thinking of what exactly happened from the moment she came back to Chennai. How she met Ashwin at her home, in birthday function, their conversation at café after 8 long years, him coming to Bali to surprise her, how they got together, moments in Bali, letting parents know, Ashwin's proposal and now waiting for their big day. She remembered about The Boundless Book, she took out a pen and started writing in a notebook like a continuation from where it was last left at.

Meanwhile, Ashwin went to a nearby beach. He found a place and sat down while looking at the sea wave crashing. He wanted to make himself feel alright before going back home, he knew he was emotionally unstable at the moment. He talked to himself about what he's feeling right now, what he can do about it and that it's all for a short time. Ashima is going to come back to him and then it's happily ever after. He spent about an hour plus at the beach and he felt much better when he left to home. Everyone at home knew Ashwin won't be feeling alright, they let him to be in his space.

Ashima texted him when she had a transit in Dubai Airport and before boarding the flight to France.

The next day, Ashwin was looking forward to getting back to Australia. He felt getting himself busy with work is what could save him from all these missing feels.

A week passed, as expected & discussed, the first week was horrible. They did face time with each other and end up crying while on call, almost every day. The only thought that kept running on their mind is when they could meet again.

Both checked when they can take long leave and go back home for their wedding plans. It was an easier task for Ashima compared to Ashwin. Since he's going to relocate, there's a lot that he has to give thoughts on. Their parents did not pressurize them on this, they wanted their kids to let them know about it.

3 months passed, Ashwin & Ashima got busy with their works and hardly at time to do a proper call. They managed to do it only once a week or sometimes once every 2 weeks. They knew this is what long distance is, it's not as easy as one could think. There's lots of sacrifices, trust and hope that's involved, but only love kept them going.

Ashwin discussed with Ashima on when he could fly back home for wedding plans and how he's going to take forward his career in France. Ashima planned to take a long leave at the same timing too. Once it all got confirmed, they told their parents about it. There's another 7 more months before they get to go back home.