Part 74

A few hours passed and doctors let Ashwin to enter the room, the kids were placed by Ashima's side. Ashwin went to the kids and was admiring the two of them. Two eyes weren't enough to admire these adorable twins. He kept shifting focus here and there and was amazed with how identical they look. Though he knows they are identical twins and are meant to look so, witnessing it for his own kids was a surreal feeling. 

While Ashwin was busy with the kids, Ashima slowly opened her eyes and noticed Ashwin being with the kids. 

Ashima: abby

Ashwin couldn't hear Ashima's voice, but he noticed the kids making moves, like how one would when they are in joy, he wondered why.

Ashima: abby..did you forget me?

Ashwin quickly turned towards Ashima and went near her.

Ashwin: finally..how are you feeling now abby?

Ashima: na ketta kelviku badhila kanom

Ashwin: what is it?

Ashwin: did you forget me?

Ashwin: abby, what's wrong with you, yen ipdilam pesura, how will I forget my abby?

Ashima: (smiled)

Ashwin gave a kiss on her cheeks, held her hand and said, "No such talks okay, love you".

He then carried the kids and showed to Ashima, witnessed those moments where Ashima carrying the kids, he took a video of it throughout, it was a lovely family time. 

Ashima was discharged a few days later and all of them went back home. Ashwin became even more responsible than how he used to be. Ashima was surprised to see him this way, all those promises they made when they planned to have kids, he's doing all of them, it wasn't just for the words. Seeing this made Ashima feel a whole lot better and helped her with postpartum depression. 

And just like that, months passed by in this little family. Ashwin was Ashima's biggest support system, both mentally and physically. Once Ashima got back to her normal routine, it was even easier to handle the family. Ashima took breaks from work too, she wanted to focus on her kids, but occasionally she will take up some work if any of her client really wants her to be a part of it.