Part 61

As Ashima was outstation for her work, Ashwin was his days with just work, back home, games, rest and then the cycle repeats. He knew weekend will be quite a task for him, as they used to spend these 2 days together. He has nothing else to do on weekends, and he doesn't really hang out with anyone. Ashima knows it too, so, on weekend, she sent him a text as soon as she woke up.

Ashima: Good morning abby! It's weekend and I know you're going to be super bored at home, give me a call once you're up. I don't have much work for the day

Ashwin watched movies the whole night and went to bed late. He only saw Ashima's text after waking up around midday. He called Ashima instead of texting but couldn't reach her, he tried twice and then decided to just send a text message.

Ashwin: Hey abby, good morning to me and good afternoon to you!! I just woke up, called you but couldn't get through. Miss you abby..

Ashima got busy as something came up suddenly with her work. She got back home pretty late and then only saw Ashwin's text and called him.

Ashwin: hi abbyyy (with an excited voice)

Ashima: hello, sorry abby, I just got back home and saw your text & calls, sudden a work call irundhadhu

Ashwin: it's okay abby, how's everything with you there?

Ashima: not too bad work wise but very tiring as there's lots of traveling around

Ashwin: at least it keeps you busy, and just few more weeks, it will pass soon

Ashima: yea abby, what did you do today?

Ashwin: nothing, was just lazying around at home, playstation and Netflix

Ashima: how nice

Ashwin: nice a, yen solla maata. Wait, let's switch to video call, I miss you!!

Ashima: abby, I'm really tired da, might doze off anytime, another day pleaseee

Ashwin: okay okay, poi thoongu and rest well, goodnight abby

They ended their call and couldn't get to do a video call on the following days as well. Ashima was getting busy with work, she hardly had any time to spend with Ashwin whereas Ashwin had more free time on weekends, he kept looking forward to talk with her. But, as he knew she was really busy, he had to distract himself before he gets unnecessary thoughts into his mind. He made his weekends busy by going for a part time job and joining in some sports. His weekends were getting better, he made some good friends as well through joining these sport clubs.

Their communication was reducing, it was just through text mostly and maybe will be on call once a week. Both were busy with their own work and lives; it was turning out to be like how they used to be before getting together. Times where Ashwin wants to talk to Ashima, she isn't free and likewise for Ashima. They didn't want to make this as an issue, they felt it will be fine once Ashima gets back to home. Little did they know, it was building up and might burst out one day.

Ashima came back home after a month and had a week off from work. While she was at home, Ashwin had work and his weekends was busy. They only spent their nights together, but after a tiring day, Ashwin hits the bed earlier than her. Ashima started to feel something wasn't right. She is there with Ashwin but she's missing him still, she told herself this shouldn't be the way. She tried talking this to Ashwin, but he brushes it off by saying "since you're at home and free, you're feeling like it, once you get back to work, it'll be normal abby".

This was going on for few weeks and one day, it got them into an argument. It was a public holiday, which would mean their day at home.

Ashima: abby, shall we go out later, maybe for a long drive?

Ashwin: long drive a? cannot abby, iniki tournament iruku in the evening

Ashima: I thought it was supposed to be next weekend?

Ashwin: yea but got a message this morning that one of them can't attend next week, adhunala they pushed it today since it's public holiday and everyone's free

Ashima: neeyum ok sollitiya? Iniki dhana we get to spend some time together

Ashwin: we are together daily, tournament lam I can't miss abby. Next weekend free a dhana irupom, appo we'll go out, ok?

Ashima: hmmm, ennamo pannu

Ashwin: hey, it's just a day, idhula enna iruku. Even if we go out, edhadhu pesitu dhana vara porom, we can do that anytime, but sports are different

Ashima: ok abby, whatever it is, you enjoy your tournament, naa en velaya pakuren

Ashwin: abby, stop being silly, don't bring this up as an issue

Ashima: did you just say it's silly? Let it be then, let's not talk about it. I'm off to sleep

Ashwin shook his head, got ready and left home for his tournament. Ashima was upset with him and how he said it's a silly issue. She didn't want to sit and think of it much, she went to the city and spent her day there.