Chapter 81

Bird POV

"Who would've known or thought I'd come this far? Cause just last year my back was against that wall.." I wrote in my notepad on my phone, as I laid back in the bed.

I've been in a writing mood lately, so once I'm done with this one I'm definitely recording it.

Justine walked in the room and got in the bed saying "Hey.."

"Wassup" I said.

"What you doing?" She asked.

"Tryna finish up this song I've been writing" I said.

"Oooh can I hear?" Justine asked.

"When I'm done" I said and she nodded her head.

"You okay?" She asked scooting closer to me.

"Yeah why?" I asked.

"I don't know, I'm picking up on weird vibes but it could just be me. I meannnn we had sex last night when you got home and it was amazing, and now you're acting like this" She said.

"Like what?" I asked.

"I don't know... Stand-off-ish I guess" Justine said.

"I'm coo. Just got a lot on my mind" I said locking my phone up and I put it on top of the dresser, laying back in the bed.

"Can I help...?" She asked getting on top of me and I sighed.

"I don't think so. Not with this" I said and she rose her eyebrows.

"What happened?" Justine asked.

"Have you been seeing social media lately?" I asked her.

"No why?" Justine asked.

"Everybody's finding out about what happened between you and Roddy." I said bluntly.

She rose her eyebrows and sighed. "Are you serious?"

"Yep" I said.

"How?" She asked.

"I don't even know, but TMZ got the information somehow and it's been floating on the internet ever since." I said.

"So now... Everybody is probably calling you and Jackie stupid or something. Probably calling me a hoe. Probably calling Roddy all types of shit." Justine said sighing.

"But see, that ain't what I care about. I never care about what other people think." I said.

"Then what's the problem?" Justine asked.

"What happened is the problem. Justine I ain't gone sit here and lie to you, I'm not over what happened. I thought I was, I thought I was getting over it but.. That shit hits me hard sometimes" I said and she smacked her lips getting off of me.

"Here you go. Da'Vion why can't we just leave the past in the past?" Justine asked.

"I mean, it ain't been that long and also this ain't just a random nigga you fucked Justine. This is my best friend we talking about. Somebody I grew up with. I've known that nigga since we were 10 years old. I don't know anybody who would get over something like that so fast." I said and she sighed.

"It's like we took a step forward just to take 10 steps backwards." Justine said.

"Because I'm keeping it real with you?" I said and she rolled her eyes.

"Have you ever thought about how I feel Da'Vion?" She asked me and I chuckled.

"That sounds a little selfish don't you think?" I said.