Chapter 47

Bird POV

Me and Justine were back in town, heading to Jackie and Roddy's house to get DJ.

Shit I'm just glad we made it out of there safe.

Once I pulled up, I seen Jackie sitting outside on their porch smoking a blunt, with her head down and I scrunched my eyebrows.

"What's wrong with with her?" Justine asked.

"I don't know but I'm about to find out" I said as we both got out the car, once it shut Jackie looked up and seen us. Her eyes widened.

"Oh my gosh! I'm so glad y'all are back and safe!" Jackie said getting up and running over to us. She hugged me first of course, I hugged her back.

"Me too man" I said.

Then she looked at Justine and it got a little awkward. I can tell she's still iffy on her, and I don't blame her.

Shit, I'm still tryna figure shit out myself.

"Come here Justine." Jackie said and they hugged, but it was no where near affectionate at all. But I can tell Justine was happy she was at least included.

"Um. You look good" Justine said looking at Jackie's outfit.

"Yeah you do. You look nice" I said.

 You look nice" I said

"Thank you.. Just got back from my store." Jackie said.

"You okay? You had your head down and shit when we first pulled up" I said.

"Just had a lil moment thinking about my parents.. That's all" Jackie said and I sighed a little.

"Yeah I feel that.. I'm here for you though." I said.

"I know. DJ is in the house with Rodrick and Jr. Come on" Jackie said, and me and Justine followed her inside.

"Rodrick!" She yelled up the stairs.

"Yeah?" He yelled back.

"Bring DJ down" Jackie said.

"So what's up? Y'all good?" Jackie asked.

"Yeah we good now. Thank you for watching out for DJ, sorry that it was no warning or nothing but we had to dip." I said.

"Yeah we apologize for that" Justine said.

"Y'all good. He's a good boy. But, y'all gotta watch what y'all say around him" Jackie said chuckling.

"What you mean?" I asked.

"Him and Jr was cussing and shit because one of the toys had broke. DJ was calling it a bullshit ass toy" Jackie said and I laughed, Justine smacked her lips.

"See! Baby I told you we gotta watch what we say" Justine said.

"And you and Rodrick wanna laugh and shit" Jackie said rolling her eyes.