Chapter 71

Roddy POV

To be continued

"Can you guys please tell me how she's doing?" I asked the nurse at the front desk.

We got Jackie to the hospital and it's been 30 minutes and I haven't heard nothing about how she's doing.

"Give is a few minutes sir and we'll-"

"I don't have a few minutes! That's my wife, I need to know how she's doing now please" I said.

"Sir were trying to find out and-"

"It's okay, it's okay ma'am he's just stressed out" Bird said then he turned over to me and said "Come here bro"

We walked away from the nurse and he said "Jackie's gone be just fine okay? She's a trooper, she a G. She can get through anything, we both know this" He said as we both had tears running down our face.

"Mannn my wife got shot in her stomach cuh, she took a bullet for me" I said crying.

"Which shows she really riding for you, and you know she gone pull through, come on man. We gotta stay strong for her" He said wiping his tears then he pulled me in for a hug.

"I need her man" I said.

"I know, I know." He said as we hugged. He looked back at Justine and motioned her to come and she walked over to us and hugged us too.

"It's gone be aight.. I promise" Bird said.

"You right, I gotta think positive. But these doctors and nurses pissing me the fuck off man, taking forever to update me on how Jackie's doing" I said sighing.

-

10 minutes later

"Family of Jacqueline Moore?" The doctor said walking out and we all got up and walked up to him.

"That's us. I'm her husband, and this is her brother and sister in law." I said referring to Bird and Justine.

"How is she?" Justine asked wiping her tears.

"Well, um. She's currently in a coma" He said and my mouth dropped.

"A coma?" Bird said, just as surprised as me.

"Yeah see, that bullet pierced her ribs really bad and she was shot twice on both sides of her stomach so, she lost a lot of blood which caused her to be in this state of a coma." He said.

"Oh my gosh I thought it was just one time on one side" I said.

"No sir, but we can see why you thought that. The left side wasn't as bad as the right but she was definitely shot on both sides. We got her procedure done and took the bullets out of her body. So right now we have her hooked up to our machines, so she can breathe and get better soon." He said.

"Oh my gosh... Can I see her please?" I asked.

"Sir we-"

"Please... I needa see my wife. I gotta see her" I said crying all over again.

"Just please let him see her so it can put his mind at ease." Bird said.

"All of you may see her if you'd like, but one at a time." He said and we all nodded our heads.

He opened the hallway door for me and I walked in as Bird and Justine waited.

I walked in the hall and he led me down to the room Jackie was in and I walked inside seeing her hooked up to all these machines and my heart broke.

"Baby.." I mumbled, she was definitely in a coma. Her eyes were closed and she just looked like she was in pain, which broke me.

"Fuck cuh" I mumbled tryna stop these tears.

"Baby" I said sitting on the chair beside the bed she was laying in.

"I don't know if you can hear me, but if you can... I'm so sorry this happened to you baby. I'm so sorry. I feel like a bitch for not being able to protect you at that moment. I feel like shit." I said sighing, looking down at her.

I reached over and rubbed my hand over hers.

"But you strong baby, you always been strong. You can handle anything that comes your way, and you prove it everytime so I have no doubt that you gone pull through this..." I said wiping my tears.

"And I want you to know I seen the niggas who did this and I'm gone deal with them niggas accordingly. You hear me? I'm gone handle them one by mothafuckin one. You ain't gotta worry about shit." I said, then I just looked at her.

"You a real one baby... You took one for me. I wish you didn't though... I never wanna see you in this state." I said sighing.

"I love you. I'ma hold shit down while you in here baby I got you, I promise. And don't worry, Jr and Myrical will be fine. I got it under control. I promise." I said, before standing up.

"Fuckkkk cuh" I mumbled to myself, just seeing her like this is fuckin me up mentally.

"I love you baby" I said taking a deep breath, and I walked out the room with my head down. I couldn't bare this shit.

When I walked back to the hospital waiting room Bird walked up to me and said "Head up cuh, it's gone get better. Don't hold your head down"

I sighed a little and said "You right"

"I'ma go see her, I'll be right back" Bird said and I nodded my head.

-

Bird POV

I walked in the room Jackie was in and sighed at the sight.

I tried to hold it together and not cry but it was hard.

"Wassup sis" I said sitting down on the chair.

"I hope you can hear me, if you can we love you and we gone take care of them niggas that did this. I hope I shot one of them when I was firing off. But, if I didn't get them don't worry, I will." I said.

I sighed looking at her with her eyes closed and just hooked up to every machine you could think of. I wonder if she can hear me, I hope she can.

"You deserve everything and more Jackie, and I know Roddy gone give that to you. I know he is. Sis I'm sorry the night went down like that, niggas can't even have fun without shit poppin off. And don't feel bad, I know you prolly like fuckkk this shit happened on Justine birthday. But none of this is your fault, it's none of our faults. Justine's not mad, nobody's mad. We just wanna make sure you straight. I hate seeing you in pain like this" I said.

I stood up and looked down at her shaking my head as one tear fell out my face and I quickly wiped it.

"Come on Jackie, you a rider. You a G. You my best friend. Pull through and come back stronger than ever... I know you will. Comeback gone be strong as fuck, but until then, we gone hold it down for you. I promise." I said.

I walked towards the door and looked back at her. "Love you" I said before walking out.

-

Roddy POV

Unfortunately tonight I couldn't spend the night at the hospital but they told me tomorrow I'm welcomed to do that.

I couldn't even sleep after everything that went down, I brought my kids back home and had them in the bed with me, watching TV. Baby Myrical was laying on my stomach asleep and I was rubbing her back, and Jr was laying next to me and I had my arm wrapped around him.

"Where's mommy?" Jr asked.

"She's not feeling well.. She's getting better and she'll be back home when she feels better" I said sighing.

"Is she okay?" Jr asked.

"She will be.. I promise." I said.

"Okay" Jr said and I kissed his forehead as we watched the TV and I seen him slowly dozing off.

-

☕️