Epilouge

Once the pair had left Mandalore, Daedalus had found a comfortable bench in the back to crash. It had been a taxing day, both physically and mentally.
When he awoke a few hours later, he found Din half asleep in the cockpit. Daedalus placed a hand on his shoulder, causing his partner to jolt awake.
"Sorry, I, uhh—," the Mandalorian stammered.
Daedalus chuckled. "You're fine."
"How are you?", Din questioned.
The Phoenix took a seat beside him. "I'm...okay. How 'bout you?"
"I've been better."
Daedalus removed his helmet and placed it on the control desk. "I hope you're not upset that I burned our bridge with the other Mandalorians, I know how much that meant to you."
Din removed his own helmet. "I spent my whole life looking up to the Mandalorian Creed, thinking that what we were doing was the right way, that we were above everyone else." He sighed deeply. "The Mandalorians are just as corrupt as everyone else."
The statement slightly shocked Daedalus. There was truth in them, but he never thought he would hear this from Din Djarin, the Mandalorian.
"Why do you say that?"
He shrugged. "I don't know. Lack of sleep?"
Daedalus giggled. "Go get some sleep, you've earned it."
"And leave you at the controls? Not a chance. I saw you trying to fly that TIE Fighter. I've been through enough ships in my lifetime, let's try to keep this one."
"Hey, I'm not that bad."
Din cocked his head and raised an eyebrow. "Sure about that?"
The two of them laughed together, and Daedalus rested his head against his fiancé shoulder. "So where are we going now?"
"Wherever you want."
Daedalus thought about where they could go. He had seen enough action and wanted to take some time off, but the idea of going somewhere they had already been was disturbed to him. "What if we just...left."
Din swiveled in his chair to stare at his partner. "What do you mean?"
"I don't know, what if we just flew until we found someplace we haven't been, where no one has been."
Din raised an eyebrow. "Like...left the galaxy?"
Daedalus nodded. "If you don't want to that's fine, I mean we've both spent our entire lives in this galaxy, I just—,"
The Mandalorian cut him off. "Why not." He pressed a few buttons on the dash. "Next stop: nowhere."
The Phoenix smiled and watched his boyfriend smiled as he toyed with the controls. It would be a new experience for both of them, but at least they had each other.

DIN AND DAEDALUS'S STORY CONTINUES IN UNDER THE HELMET BOOK 2: STARCROSSED.