🌿Chapter 1🌿

The cars engine whirred as your father drove you into your new town, Faraway. Living up to its name, it was pretty far away from most of civilization.

You turn 13 in a few days..

Your move didn't allow you to stay with your friends back in your old town but you were looking forward to making new ones here. The car stopped in front of a white house with a blue roof, a few trashcans by its side and prefect green grass.

"Here we are (Y/n)!" your father announced with a tired tone in his voice. He had to pack and drive everything here by himself since he didn't have enough money to hire movers after he bought the house.

Since mother passed away he's been doing everything by himself, working, feeding you, taking care of the house and much more. Despite this, he was still a loving dad and cared for you with his whole heart.

You smiled and excitedly opened the car door and jumped out with your back pack "Woah the house is huge dad!" you said stars practically appearing in your eyes.

"Isn't it? It took a looong time to find a good house, This one even has a back yard and a front yard!" he said as he parked his car and brought out the last of the luggage.

"And guess what?" he stood beside you with a smile.

You hummed and looked up at his taller figure.

"The neighbor's helped me fix up our furniture and decorations so all you need to do it put your clothes in your closet and you can do whatever you want the rest of the day!" he cheered, making you cheer along with him.

He took the brand new keys out of his pocket and went to unlock the door. He opened it and put his arm out "Viola!!" You rushed in and stared in awe at your new living room.

It smelled like vanilla from the air freshener and looked like a small garden. Mother loved taking care of plants, so when she passed you started taking care of them.

"Its so cool!" you said, dropping your bag onto the couch and running into the kitchen. The counters were a white marble and the floor was a shiny wood, you walked into the dinning room and saw a big family picture on the wall.

You stared at the picture with a small smile on your face, you missed her so much...

A hand made its way onto your shoulder making you jump "She would've loved it here" you father muttered, a sad smile making its way onto his face.

You nodded and hugged his waist "I miss mom" he hugged you back and patted your head.

"I miss her too kiddo" he leaned down and kissed the top of you head before ruffling your hair "Hey lets not get too sad now, why don't you go check your room? Its the one to the right from the stairs"

You nodded and walked back into the living room to grab your bag before heading up to your room. You opened the door and dropped your bags inside.

Your room was a light cream color with hints of brown here and there, your bed, desk and everything was there. Just like in your old room..

You smiled and jumped on the bed resting your sore back on your soft mattress, the scent of vanilla seeping into your room making you feel sleepy.

Meanwhile your father was downstairs watching the news when he heard a knock at the door, he hummed and stood up from the comfy green couch.

He swung open the door and there stood two kids, one older female and a younger male. The plate of cookies the girl was holding still had steam coming out of it and it smelled heavily of chocolate.

"Why hello kids! You two must be one of the neighbors kids! Come in come in, make yourself at home!" he stepped aside so the two kids could come in.

"Thank you sir!" the girl said as the boy stayed silent, they entered the house as the girl set the plate of cookies on the coffee table.

"I'm Mari! And this is my little brother Sunny, we heard you just moved in and we wanted to give you a little house warming gift" Mari said with a sweet smile on her face, Sunny stayed silent only looking at the decorations hanging around the walls.

"How sweet! Thank you Mari and Sunny! Oh you two should meet my child, they could use some new friends" he said motioning them over to the couch.

"Sit down, I'll go get them"

Your father walked up the stairs before gently knocking on your door and opening it "(Y/n)? We have some guests who would like to meet you!"

You opened your eyes and looked up at him, you hummed and sat up from your bed "Really?" you asked happily rushing to his side eager to meet the new people.

He laughed and nodded "Yeah the neighbors kids, go ahead they're both on the couch" He said stepping out of your way so you could go meet them.

You jumped in excitement and tried your best to not fall over while rushing down the stairs, your eyes met a pair of black ones that looked at you with a welcoming glow.

You smiled and waved at them , the girl waved back as you stood in front of them "Hi! I'm (Y/n), its nice to meet you!" the girl smiled back and stood up as well "I'm Mari and this is my brother Sunny! Its nice to meet you as well!"

Your father then came down and smiled at the group of kids "(Y/n), how about you go get some sun light? You can spend time with Mari and Sunny over here too"

Mari smiled and nodded "Yeah! Its a beautiful day today and you can meet the rest of our group as well" you looked at your father for approval, he nodded and you smiled him in pure childlike excitement. 

"Okay! I'm excited!" you said trying to control your joy, Mari giggled while Sunny stayed silent "Come on then! I'm sure you'd all get along well!"

"Take care of them Mari! " Your dad yelled as you left the house, Mari nodded and gave your father a warm smile before leaving the house with you and Sunny.

There aren't enough Basil x Readers so im doing it myself