🌿Chapter 7🌿

You spent a few hours talking with Basil and even showing him the video games you would play. Your father came back as well around 5 pm and started making dinner for you and Basil.

"Hey Basil, how about you stay over for the night?" your father suggested while cooking some vegetables over the pan. You hummed and looked over at your blonde friend "Uhm.. sure but id have to ask Polly first" He stated fiddling with the ends of his green vest.

"You can call her, the house phone is over there" Your father said pointing over at a phone next to the tv. Basil nodded and looked at you before he went over to the phone "I-ill be back" he said as he walk away from you and took the phone.

You nodded and stared at the tv that had been playing news for your father to listen too while cooking. You then looked at Basil who was on the phone, entangling his finger in the wire as he spoke.

He always seemed so anxious around others, which is understandable really. But as he spoke over the phone you could see.... something black behind him...

Your walls were a bright cream color so you doubt it was that. You rubbed your eyes and looked back at the blonde, it was still there growing darker and larger at the second. Your breathing became uneven as you stared seeing an eye staring directly at you without blinking.

Basil hung up the phone and sighed before he looked at you, the black figure slowly disappeared before disappearing completely. He gave you an awkward smile as he rubbed his arm, you smiled back and looked to your side "Uh oh you've been staring for too long, that was so creepy" you thought to yourself.

"What'd Polly say Basil?" you dad asked as he set down some plates on your wooden table "She said i can stay over as long as i wanted if it made me happy" he said walking back over to the couch and sitting beside you.

You smiled at put a hand to your heart "Oh she's so sweet" you muttered to yourself while your dad looked at Basil and smiled as well "Oh that's great! I'm sure (Y/n) would love the company!"

Basil blushed and looked down at the floor, slightly nervous at all the attention he was getting. Your Father called you two for dinner but your mind was too occupied thinking about what was surrounding Basil earlier.

Could it be you were going crazy? It was just a hallucination, wasn't it? It had to be... it isn't real. it isn't real. it isn't real. it isn't real. it isn't rea-

"(Y/n)?... are.. are you okay?" you snapped out of your thoughts and looked at Basil who was looking at you worriedly. You forced a smile on your face and nodded "I'm fine, just... a little tired" you said standing up as well and stretching your back.

Basil nodded holding his hands together tightly "A-alright..."

He didn't believe you were just tired, it looked like you saw something... off in the room. He didn't push it..

You two walked to the table where you all ate the dinner your father had prepared for you. Your dad kept a conversation going so the table wouldn't be so awkward.

You finished eating early and decided to go ready your room for Basil.

You entered your room and found the lights were turned off, when you swear you left them on. You tried turning them on but they wouldn't work "What the hell?" you whispered to yourself.

You tried again and again but they still wouldn't work. You sighed and turned around to leave but your door was closed, now it was really starting to freak you out.

You turned the door knob but couldn't open it, frantically you started knocking on the door and twisting the knob only for nothing to work.

"Help!! Please!!" you yelled out, the whole room began to darken even more until you were surrounded by pure darkness. You looked around and saw eyes all staring at you following your every movement, mouths on the wall were sewed tight with red thread.