🌿Chapter 22🌿

You arrived at Basil's front door and gently knocked on the door. It was 4pm so Basil should be awake right now. Polly opened the door and look at you, she gave you a sad smile and welcomed you into the house "Oh hello (Y/n), come in come in.. its getting cold out" you nodded and stepped inside.

Before you could ask Polly answered your question as if she was reading yoir mind "Basil isn't here right now.. hes at the hospital" She said worriedly as your eyes widened. Basil? At the hospital? Your heart raced in worry as your breath became uneven.

"W... what?" you asked, disbelief lacing your voice. Polly shook her head and raised her hands in defence "N-no i mean he's in the hospital cause his grandmother went in this morning." she explained making your breathing calm down slightly. At least Basil wasnt hurt...

Wait...

You looked back at Polly with a shocked look "What? Is she alright?" you asked the older woman, Polly shrugged and looked down at the ground "She was having trouble breathing earlier so i called 911 and they rushed her to the hospital... im not sure if shes gonna make it or not... it happened hours ago..."

As if on queue the door slammed open, you jumped and turned your head towards the door, as did Polly. It was Basil, he had his head down avoiding any and all interaction. Before you could say anything the boy ran into his room and locked his door. Polly covered her mouth in shock as you stared blankly into the hall he disappeared in.

"Oh dear... (Y/n)... maybe you could.. talk to him? While i call the hospital?" she asked hurriedly walking over to the house phone. You nodded setting your guitar down and rushing over to Basil's room.

You walked over to his door and heard soft muffled cries, as if he was trying to keep quiet. Oh how it hurt your heart to hear him cry, you sat down on the floor leaning against the wooden surface.

"Basil..?It's me" you said in a soft and quiet tone, careful not to scare him. Basil nonetheless flinched at your voice and clasped his hands tightly on his mouth. After hearing no response from the blonde, your frowned and looked at his door. You could hear Polly talking on the phone from the kitchen "Shes.. gone? W-what?" she asked in a state of disbelief.

Your eyes widened as you let out a shaky breath, Basil must be devastated..

You know how hard it is losing a family member, its a feeling you knew all too well.

"B-Basil..?...im sorry for your loss.. you can talk to me anytime.. you know that right?" you asked, tears pooling in your eyes "I care for you... please dont forget that...i..i lo-" you got cut off when a knock came from the front door.

Footsteps..

then the creaking from the door..

"Hi again Polly! Is Basil home?" you heard Kel say from the front door. You got up and walked towards the front door, peeking your head out from the end of the hallway. The entire group was there, Kel, Aubrey, Hero and Sunny..

"Ah yes he just got home.. can you guys try and talk to him? He hasn't talked to me or (Y/n) since he got home" Polly requested clasping her hands together "Oh (Y/n)'s here already?" Hero asked.

You shivered and hid behind the wall, you felt embarrassed about your outburst yesterday. You were afraid to face them...

"Yeah theyre by Basils room, I'll prepare some dinner.." She said with a sad smile, then you heard footsteps approaching.

In your head you could do two things:

1.
Run towards Basil's room, and resume the pervious position.