🌿Chapter 15🌿

You and Basil spent the rest of the day sorting out the contents of the box and talking about random things. You sighed and put your hands on your hips, you looked around the room and smiled at how clean it was.

Basil sat back down on your bed with the assortment of gifts you had gave him while organizing. You looked at Basil and walked over to him, you sat beside the blonde and hummed.

You took the fully developed picture on your desk and looked at it with tired eyes, you smiled and nudged basil "Basil look look" you said leaning towards him and showing him the picture of you kissing him.

He hummed and looked at the picture, his pale cheeks flushed a bright red upon looking at the photo. He looked so surprised in the photo, he once again covered his face and leaned forward "(Y-Y/n) that's embarrassing.." he muttered biting the inside of his cheeks.

You chuckled and ruffled his hair "Hey i think it looks cute!" you said with a goofy smile on your face, he whined and furrowed his eyebrows slightly from the embarrassment. You laughed and reached over gently pulling his hands off his face, you smiled at him "Its okay if you don't want to keep it, i can always keep it safe" you said softly leaning to the side to make eye contact with the male who tried to avoid  it.

Basil pursed his lips and made eye contact with you his face still as red as fire "C-can.... can i keep it?" he whispered quietly not wanting to say it so loudly. You nodded and smiled holding his hand tightly before letting them go and grabbing the picture.

You handed it to him and he took it with shaky hands. He looked down at the picture and let his smile grow into a grin, he put one hand on his face and sniffled. You looked at him and saw tears falling from his eyes, he was so overwhelmed with emotion that he started crying.

You gasped and scooted closer to him and wrapped your arms around him "Aww Basil" you cooed with a small smile on your face.

"(Y/n)! Basil! Its time for dinner!!" Kathryn yelled from the kitchen, you put your head on top of Basil's and hummed "Were coming!" you yelled back before letting go of Basil.

You stood up and stretched your arms before turning around and extending a hand towards the still flustered blonde "C'mon lets go eat" you said with a smile.

He nodded with his hands still on his face and soon stood up setting the picture down on your bed. You looked at him and pulled your sweaters sleeves to your fingers and wiped away the tears from Basils face, he looked at you in shock before it faded into a soft smile.

You put your hand on his cheek and smiled back, you looked behind him and saw the same shadowy figure... staring at you...

You shook your head and blinked a few times before look back at it, it was gone. Basil looked at you worry filling his blue eyes "What's wrong?" he asked looking behind him to see what you were looking at.

You shook your head and laughed nervously "Nothing just a little tired, lets go and eat shall we?" you asked, Basil furrowed his eyebrows slightly before nodding.

You two went down and met Kathryn in the living room who already had a bowl of food in her hands. Seemingly too absorbed in the Drama she was watching to notice you two.

Dinner passed by rather fast and Basil had to go home since the sun had already set, you put his newly acquired stuff in a small box and handed it to him "Oh! Don't forget these!" you said picking up the pictures from your desk and putting them on top of the box.

Basil smiled and walked down the stairs with you following behind him, you opened the front door for him and smiled as he stood outside your door way " Be safe okay? "you asked the boy as he adjusted his arms arms the box. He nodded and looked down at the pavement he stood on "Okay... thank you again for giving me these" he said fiddling the with open flaps on the box.

You nodded and looked inside your house and saw your caretakers eye were glued onto the tv, you looked back at Basil and nodded " Of course! Thank you for visiting" you said landing a small kiss on his cheeks.

"Bye byeee get home safely Basil!" you said with a goofy smile on your face, Basils face turned a bright red before a shaky smile made its way onto his face "T-thanks, you too... i-i mean... uhm" he stuttered awkwardly rubbing his shoes against the cement.

You chuckled and ruffled his hair before putting your hand on the door knob "You're adorable" you said before gently closing the door.

You let out a soft sigh and looked over at Kathryn whos eyes were still glued onto the tv. You excused yourself and walked back up to your room, you sat down on your bed looking at the teddy bear your auntie gave you.

You smiled and picked it up knowing full well that Basil had its pair. You laughed and held the bear close to you before laying down on your bed and closing your eyes.

"(y/n)...."

You opened your eyes and sat up looking around your room "... hello?..." did someone sneak into your room? What if it was a robber?

"... (y/n)..." the voice called out once more...

It sounded awfully like......your father...

No.... it cant be...

He's dead

You back away into a corner looking cautiously around your room, the sun had set making your room darker and darker by the second...

"... its.... yo.. ur..... faul.. t..." the voice groaned out.

You furrowed your eyebrows and hugged the bear tighter "W-what?" you asked in a soft voice. You blinked and a figure appeared in the corner of your room, it heavily resembled you father but....

His neck was completely broken leaving his head to dangle by his shoulder. He stepped forward emitting a sickening crack each time he did so. Blood shot eyes staring directly at you through broken glasses "your.... fau.. lt.." it muttered reaching its hand towards you.

You shook your head too scared to look away from it "no...i-its not..." you said trying to convince you and the shadow that his death wasn't your fault.....

It wasn't your fault...

It groaned and let out an ear piercing scream before falling to the floor "Your fault your fault your fault YOUR FAULT YOUR FAULT YOUR FAULT" It yelled out crawling towards you leaving deep scratches on your carpet "NO!!" you yelled covering your ears.

The door to your room slammed open as Kathryn stood in the door way worried out of her mind. She looked over at your quivering figure and slowly walked towards you.

"(Y/n)..." you looked up quickly and met eyes with the worried looking female, she knelt down to your height "Hey hey hey its okay, its going to be okay just breath" she said trying to calm you down.

You quickly wrapped your arms around the taller woman "I-i saw him..." you whimpered crying into your caretakers shoulder. She hugged you back and patted your back in an attempt to comfort you "Hey its okay just calm down.... it wasn't real, you're okay, you're safe, he wasn't real" she reassured.

Kathryn took you down stairs and recommended you slept on the couch for today. She told you she would stay with you the entire night and she did...

It was about 4 am and Kathryn had fallen asleep while you stayed up watching tv. You just couldn't go to sleep after what you saw..

He wasn't real...

right?

At 7 am you gave up trying to fall asleep and left a note for Kathryn saying you went out for a walk. 

You slipped on a jacket and left the house.

istg if Wattpad rearranges my chapters again i'm throwing a fit

I also forgot to upload, so double upload today