🌿Chapter 26🌿

It hurt..

it hurt so much...

You walked out of the hospital and saw a car waiting for you, Kathryn.

Your caretaker jumped out of the car a look of worry on her face "(Y/n)! Are you alright? How are your friends doing? i heard about what happened from that lady Polly"

obnoxious..

"im fine, they're fine.. can we just go home now?" you asked walking towards the car and sitting in the back seat. Kathryn soon got in and started up the engine "What happened at Basil's place?"

You frowned and slumped in your seat, silence is all you asked for "i dont know either.." she said as she began driving back to your house.

You watched outside the window, passing by the park and seeing all the happy families..

oh you missed when you had that..

The car slowed down when you approached your house. You got out first and waited for Kathryn to open the door, she came as soon as she parked the car and opened the door for you.

Clean as always...

Same view...

same scent...

Nothing changed

"You must be hungry, I'll cook up some pancakes" Kathryn said putting down her bag and walking to the kitchen.

You sat down on the couch, resting your head backwards. You and Basil sat here a few times, talking about dumb shit.

no..

You opened your eyes and shook your head, standing up, you walked towards the garden. You sat on the wooden platform and looked up at the sky, looks like its about to rain. You looked back down at the neat garden. You and Basil fixed this place up.

"ugh... " you needed to stop thinking about him..

You left the garden and walked up to your room, before stopping infront of the door. Fuck...

You and Basil had your first kiss in this room..

Oh how you wish to relive the happiness you felt then. But now you can only reminisce, he never felt the same for you...

You let out a sigh before talking your hand off the doorknob and walking downstairs. Everything reminded you of him, it made your head ache.

"(Y/n)! Pancakes are ready!" your caretaker called out. Now that she mentioned it, you felt so hungry.

You walked to the kitchen and took in the aroma of freshly cooked pancakes. You watched as Kathryn slid a plate onto the kitchen counter.

Fluffy light brown pancakes, coated with maple syrup, a few sliced strawberries and a bit of whipped cream. It looked absolutely delicious.

"Thank you" you said talking the plate and looking around the counter before looking back at Kathryn "Nothing for you?"

She shook her head and smiled at you "i ate before going to the hospital" The caretaker replied. You nodded and walked over to the couch, sitting down and grabbing the remote to turn on the tv.

Suddenly the phone began ringing "I'll get it!" Kathryn said, going to pick up the noisy device.

You took your fork gently stabbing the pancakes and taking a chunk out of it, you put it in your mouth and chewed slowly. You kept your eyes on the cartoon that played but couldn't help but listen into the call.

"Hello?... Oh hi!... im doing great thank you!"

Hmm..

wonder who shes talking to..

"Oh (Y/n)?.." Kathryn the looked at you before looking back at the telephone "She's doing great!... mhm!... nothing bads happened so far... alright... till next time!"

She hung up the phone and let out a sigh, she looked nervous "Who was it?" you asked. Kathryn looked at you and waved her hand "Just your auntie, she was checking up on you"

huh..

"Oh.. okay" you said before going to take another bite of the pancakes.

She lied to her..

Im not doing great..

im doing horrible...

lies

all lies

The rest of the day passed by without any issue, you ate lunch, sat down, played games, ate dinner and now your in your room about to sleep.

God.. this view is getting old..

You walked to your bed after turning off the lights, the soft moonlight peeking through your window. Just enough to illuminate the stuffed bear on your bed.

The one you matched with Basil...

"ah.." you picked it up and sat on your bed, caressing its soft faux fur.

You missed him, he made you feel so happy, so happy that you went against your father for him. He gave you something to live for again, but...now that you know he never gave a shit about you...

What do you have to live for?

You closed your eyes and dropped the bear onto the ground, you loved him... Basil...

Ha.. this is stupid... why do you miss the guy who never cared?

Stupid

Stupid

Stupid

You wiped the tears from your eyes and layed down on your bed, cold and welcoming.

You pulled up the blanket all the way to your face and cried into it, trying your best to stay quiet so Kathryn wouldn't hear you cry.

The last thing you want is that annoying woman to barge in here.

Shes just doing this for aunties money, she doesn't really care about you.

No one cares about you.

absolutely no one

psst

hey reader

i love and care about you

<3