Chapter twelve

*Edited

*Edited

"You don't understand,Maria! You are destroying this family! You just drink and take pills! I work and I am doing everything I can to feed you and our daughter. You need to stop,now!" My father yelled to my mother in the kitchen. As I was sitting in the stairs,eavesdropping on them,late at night.

"No I'm not! If you don't want this life,then go! We don't need you. We can survive without you. I will find a way!" My mother yelled back as I heard my father let out a big sigh and take his car keys and walk out the door.

"We don't need you,Eric!" My mother screamed as he walked out through the door.

That was the last time I ever heard from him...that was the night he died. In a car crash.

*END OF FLASHBACK*

I woke up covered in sweat. My heart beating like crazy as I just got one of the nightmares that I'm used to have. I closed my eyes,trying to get it out of my head...but it's not working. I open my eyes again and pick up my phone that's laying on the bedstand besides the bed. I took off the phone case and took the razor blade out...

I took a deep breath and pulled the sharp blade on the skin on my arm. I pushed it down as hard as I could,and slide it on the skin to the side,making blood poure out. I let the deep breath I hold in out and closed my eyes. The blood still dropping down my arm. I opened my eyes again,and saw blood on the white sheets. I took the blade up a little from the place I'd just had cut,to a little higher spot,On my wrist. I repeated the process about three or four times until my whole arm was coverd in blood and so the white sheets.

I sprinted to the bathroom and washed my arm clean. I looked at myself in the mirror. My mascara has been running down my eyes and I look horrible. I brought my hands to my black wavy hair and pulled up in a ponytail. I then took off my white dress,that I still had on. I turned on the shower and as I waited for it to get warm,I opened up my phone. I looked at the time.

6:12 PM

Oh god. Why am I up this early! Oh well. I need to be at work 07:25 tops!

I felt the water if it was hot or not,and it was. So I got in the shower and took a long,hot and relaxed shower. I winced as the hot water came in contact with my freshly cuts. But I am pretty used to it so...the pain should go away pretty soon though.

After I took the amazing shower I went to the closet and picked out my outfit for the day. I picked out a white long-sleeved sweater,with a text on. Jeans with a belt,and white shoes.

 Jeans with a belt,and white shoes

Buzz*

I walked out through the closet towards my bed. My phone screen was on,showing me that I got a notification. I took the phone in my hands,and looked what it was. A message from Lazar.

Lazar: Morning,Kitten. Have a good day today!

I smiled to his message...that's cute! It wouldn't hurt to get a message like that every morning...

I think back of yesterday...my first kiss. And I loved it. He makes me so happy. And I hope I do the same to him...

Jessica: Morning. Kitten? Why that nickname? And thank you. You have a good day you too.

Lazar: yeah,well you reminds me of a kitten. I need to protect you from the wild😉

I chuckled at his answer. And that wink emoji...

I looked at the time making me gasp. 07:22

FREAK!! I AM GOING TO BE SO LATE!!

"So,who's the lucky girl?" Shawn asks me as we are standing in the elevator,on our way up to my office

"So,who's the lucky girl?" Shawn asks me as we are standing in the elevator,on our way up to my office. I scuff at his question."or boy?" He asks me as he looks at me from the side. I take up my hand through my pants pockets and slap him in the back of his head. Making him wince and chuckle as he rubs the spot I slaped him on.

"Her name is Jessica." I say to him as I turn my head so I look at him. His left eyebrow raising as I say her name.

"How old is she?" He asks me. I chuckle at his dumb question. Well yeah,he's my bestfriend but sometimes I just want to punch him so fucking hard. "22." I say and look at him. He nods his head up and down slowly and have a satisfied look on his face.

Dumbass.

The doors open and we walk out through the elevator. We are making our way to the meeting room,besides my office. As we open the doors to the meeting room,we see Bennet and Leo sitting in two of the chairs. Talking and laughing about something. They're my other two bestfriends. We all went to the same highschool and college.

"Hey man! Did you get a good lay last night?" Bennet asks me as he and Leo begins to laugh. I turn my head to Shawn,who stands besides me and mouth a 'sorry' I just takes a deep breath and walk over to a chair and sit down on it.

This day will be fun...