I'm Coming Home Tonight

A month and a half later

I lay in bed, my stomach and back aching with every move. Their was only two weeks left until my due date, but the doctor said it's completely likely that the baby will come early.

"Hey sissy." Jesse says, coming in and smiling at me. "Feeling okay?"

"Everything hurts. Why can't this baby come already?" I groaned, sitting up gently.

"Because you're before your due date." Jesse said, chuckling.

But suddenly- "Jesse." I said, my eyes widening in horror.

"What?" He said dumbly.

"Jesse!" I said, this time wailing in pain. "The baby's coming!"

"Oh!" He said, pulling out his phone. "I'll call Blaine." After having a quick conversation with Blaine, he rushed over and promised to take care of Rosemary.

"Alright, come on, Rach." Jesse cooed, helping me onto my face. I'm in for one painful day or two.

***

"It's a boy!" The doctor said, handing me my baby boy, swaddled in a blue blanket. "Congratulations."

"Oh." I sighed breathlessly, glancing over at Jesse. "He's precious."

"Did you think of any names?" Jesse asked, sitting on the bed beside me and staring down at my new baby boy.

"Of course I did." I smiled, taking a deep breath. "This is Jesse Hudson."

"Oh Rach." He gasped, kissing my head. "You're naming your son after me?"

"Jesse, you've been there for me my entire life. You saved me when I tried to commit suicide, you agreed to move in with me when Finn left, and you've helped me through Finn dying. You were practically a father to Rosemary, and I'm hoping you will be for my new little boy too." I explained, smiling at him.

"Rachel, I'd be honored. Thank you so much!" He said, pulling me into a hug.

"Hey, careful. He's sleeping." I whispered, pressing a kiss to his forehead.

"Sorry, Rach." Jesse chuckled.

"I'm just enjoying the silence for a little before he wakes up and cries." I laughed a little, just as the door opened.

"Mrs. Hudson, their are a bunch of people outside here to see you." The nurse said in a loud whisper.

"Uh, okay?" I said, confused as to who would be here beside Kurt and Blaine. "Send them in, I guess." She nodded, walking away.

A minute later, then entire glee club walked in, big smiles on their faces. "You all came!" I said excitedly.

"We wouldn't miss the birth of your second child." Mercedes said happily.

"We gotta see what kind of monster you and Frankenteen made." Santana said, chuckling somewhat evilly.

"Oh." I said sadly, looking down at my boy. He looked so much like Finn, every details in order from his eye color to his dimples. "About that." I trailed off, looking to Jesse so he would say it.

"Sadly, Finn died in battle a few months ago." Jesse finished for me, squeezing my hand.

"I was just too scared to tell you all. Sorry." I apologized. "Does anyone want to hold him?" I asked, changing the subject.

Brittany was next to me so she offered to hold him and then walked in between Santana and Puck. Everyone got their chance to hold him, Kurt even helped Ria hold him.

"Jesse, where's Blaine?" I asked, looking at my brother.

"He's still at the apartment with Rose. I'll go call him." Jesse smiled at me before walking out of the room with my phone.

A few minutes later, Blaine showed up with Rosemary, and she jumped right on the bed and curled up on my lap. "Wanna hold your new brother?" I asked, kissing her hair.

She nodded, and Jesse put him in her arms. I put my arms around Rosemary just to make sure she wouldn't drop him. "What's his name, mommy?"

"His name is Jesse." I said softly in her ear.

"Like Uncle Jesse!" She chimed, smiling towards my brother.

"Ya, just like Uncle Jesse." I said, giggling.

"Every time you say that, I think of Full House." Jesse said.

"Mrs. Hudson." A nurse said, coming in and looking at all of us. "You may go when your ready."

***

I sat at the apartment with everyone crowded around me, staring at Jesse in my arms. I insisted that Jesse go take a nap in his room.

Suddenly, their was a knock at the door. "Kurt." I said, handing Jesse to him and running to answer the door.

I pushed the door open, a smile already on my face even though I was exhausted. "Hello-" I took one glance at the persons face before my eyes rolled to the back of my head and I fainted.