𝑇ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑡𝑦

" ᴀʀʀ ᴡᴇ ᴍᴇᴀɴᴛ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ. "

Micah Williams
_________________
[ 𝑆𝑢𝑚𝑚𝑒𝑟 𝑜f 2019 ]

The American Horror Story theme song played through the room, as the girls and I are binging the third season; Coven. Me personally, I have already watched it but it's my favorite AHS season by far so I don't mind rewatching it.

The five of us laid on the floor of Janet's living room under the fort we created. It brought back the memories of when we were younger although, our forts are much less creative compared to back then. Now our fort's soul purpose are to just keep us warm, while we watch movies all night.

Willow passed the bowl of popcorn mixed with fun sized pieces of chocolate candies. I poured a good amount into my single surging sized bowl, then passed it along to Sarah. The show started up, as we all silently ate while watching it.

Right when my favorite player Queenie was about to beat someone's ass with her voodoo doll powers, someone's phone began ringing. I smacked my lips, allowing my frustration to be known.
"Who's booty call's interrupting the show?" I darted my attention the room to see who's the guilty one.

Janet pointed her Fire Stick at the TV and paused the show. "It sure ain't me! My phone is right here, and on mute." She sassed, waving her phone.

"It's not me." Kayla said.

I pierced my lips into a thin line. Sarah huffed, as she was looking through the covers but had found her phone. Her screen lit up the dark room as she looked at her Notification Center. "It's not me, my boo certainly hasn't called." She rolled her eyes, dropping her phone back onto the covers.

"Boo?" We all said in sync.

Sarah sent us clueless glances. I smacked my lips, and popped a fun size Butterfinger into my mouth. "Ah- uh, see. When I'm in a relationship, y'all want all the details but when y'all get into relationships.. it's hush hush." I cocked my eyebrow.

"I'm single." Janet lifted her hands in defense.

Sarah on the other hand started cracking up, and clapping her hands in amusement. "I thought I told y'all..." She paused and squinted her eyes in thought at the group of us. Won't no one falling for her shenanigans. "Okay, okay. Let me stop.. he ain't no one special. Just a little fun in the summer." She shrugged while smirking mad hard.

"Yeah, I hear you." I hum with a hint of amusement.

Whoever's phone stopped ringing, only to start back not even a second later. I scrunched up my face and Willow spoke my exact thoughts. "Someone is really desperate right now, damn!" She emphasized.

"I got my phone!" Kayla reminded.

"Are you sure? It sounds like it's coming from where you are, Kayla." Janet pointed, as we listened tone the ringtone chime through the room. I hear it in the front too. "Sarah, turn the lamp on so we can see. It doesn't seem like whoever's calling is going to give up, anytime soon anyways." She said.

"It's not coming from up here, it's coming from back there with y'all." Kayla pointed in our direction, as she thumbed through the blankets around her.