𝑁𝑖𝑛𝑒𝑡𝑒𝑒𝑛

" ɪᴍ ɴᴏᴛ ᴛʀɪᴘᴘɪɴ' ᴏᴠᴇʀ ᴀ
ᴍɪᴅᴅʟᴇ sᴄʜᴏᴏʟᴇʀ. "

𝑀𝑖𝑐𝑎ℎ 𝑊𝑖𝑙𝑙𝑖𝑎𝑚𝑠
_________________
[ 2019 ]

"Micah Williams!"

Larry yelled through the mic, and I ran out from the back. The LED club- like lights, shined all around the room as music blared from the speakers.

A wide smile was on my face as I high-fived numerous of people that had there hands held out in the mist of the tunnel we had to run through.

When I made it to the end, I jogged onto the court, and over to the Sky, Nik, and Jah who's all in my group. "Bro I'm ready! We coming as the underdogs.. no one thinks we about to win this!" I smiled wide, and gave Sky a dap up as he's smiling wide from ear, to ear.

"I'm saying. I can't wait until it's our turn, I swear we not finna' disappointment!" Nik eagerly rubbed his hands together.

All the groups stood in there own section just like yesterday when our teams were announced. The music dyed down a little, as Larry came into the cut with his SnapBack to the back. "As y'all know this is the biggest night of the weekend because one of these teams is going home with a championship!" He held as all our groups got hype along with the crowd. "Aye' give me team 1, and give me team 2! We finna' hash this out the right way!" Larry shouted.

Afterwards the music filled the room once again and the lights dimmed allowing the LED light to shine over the court. Our team went to go sit court side until it's our turn. "Who you think winning this game?" I glanced up at Nik.

He glanced over at me with a hooded stare. "Who you think? Larry knew what he was doing when he put Mikey, Kyree, Zaire and all em' on one team. I bet if Jalen was in good shape he would've squeezed on that team too." He sent a knowing gleam.

I sent him a side smile. "Man, you act like we're not a super team too. As far as I'm concerned no one's stopping you at the rim, and Sky and I are shooters. As for Jah? He's a defensive problem." I knowingly shrugged.

"Okay let me find out little squirt been doing her homework." He patted the top of my head, although I dodge out of his reach seconds later.

"It's natural knowledge, yo'." I chuckle, and tug at one of his twist atop of his head. "No homework done over here." I stubbornly folded my arms.

"Yeah, you talking good. You make sure you talk is the same on the court, squirt. I don't got time to be carrying no team." He side eyed me.

The crowd got rowdy around us whenever Kyree shoved Addison, leading into an extra explosive dunk. I smack my teeth. "Say less, you obviously don't know who you talking to." I snorted, in which Niven began cracking up in reaction.

The game's pretty much over from the looks, and surprisingly Mikey's team is the one's that's loosing. My eyes followed Mikey as he jogged the ball up the court, when Sky's knee nudge into me. "Aye' from the looks we got Jalen's team next. Who you got?" He asked.

My lips swished to the side in thought but it wasn't long before I made up my mind. I pointed towards Julian who'd just pulled up and splashed a three. "I want Julian, I'm still not done with him from yesterday." I raised my brows.