𝑆𝑖𝑥𝑡𝑒𝑒𝑛

"Oɴᴇ ᴘᴇʀsᴏɴ ᴀғғᴀɪʀ. "

𝑀𝑖𝑐𝑎ℎ 𝑊𝑖𝑙𝑙𝑖𝑎𝑚𝑠
_________________
[ 2019 ]

I dreadfully dragged my feet behind the consistent Sarah who tugged my hand in the direction of the gym. "C'monnn'.. we need your help bad she has us practicing like we're about to run a marathon when the playoffs are next week." Sarah continued to press.

My head flopped to the side as I felt my hair flopping along the top. I rolled my eyes at the fact, I'd promised myself that I was done for the season. "That has nothing to do with me, I'm not the leader of the team anymore. I haven't even been to a game nor practice in almost over a week." I emphasize.

We both came to a complete stop, me almost running into Sarah. "Yeah, yeah.. trust me. We know. It's evident becuase Coach has been kissing Kayden's ass and allowing her to make decisions. Kayden's method to everything is running." She forced a much sarcastic smile. "If I run one more time, I'm just going to focus on Softball.. or maybe volleyball, they have cute shorts." Sarah looked to the ceiling in thought.

"So what do you want me to do." I shrugged, lost as to what her point was. The only results I see is me going in their, and coach gives me a load of heat.

"Come with me." Sarah urged, and began pulling me once more. "You don't have to practice but at least guide us. I'm tired of Kayden thinking she can run things when she doesn't know what she's doing." Sarah said with much sass towards the end.

"This isn't going to end well, Sarah." I knowingly stated, my lips puffed out in dread, at the fact I knew the toxic energy was coming. "I've been avoiding coaches texts, calls, and even had my mom miss her call on purpose. If I go in here I know it won't end well." I said.

Sarah pulled the door open to the gym, as the sound of dribbling, and music, instantly entered our ears. "Just be cool, calm, and collected." Sarah said, as we came to a stop not far from the double doors that lead to the court. "Don't even look in Kayden's nor the coaches direction, the girls and I are following behind you, got it?" She softly smirked.

Sarah raised up a fist bump which I shortly collided mines with in hers. "I hope you're right." I gave in and put my trust into this child.

She pushed the doors open to the gym exposing the loud country music playing. The girls were all playing on different rims around the gym, indulging in their own conversations. Although the eyes landed on the both of us as we walked in.

Lah Lah jogged over and spun the basketball along her finger. She swooshed her bang length braids to the side which were styled into a bowl cut with the sides shaved low. "Look what the cat drug in! welcome back, Williams!" She excitedly dapped me up.

Our shoulders collided and shortly after a small grin managed to surface my face. "I don't know know if I'm back yet. Sarah just dragged me in here she said y'all need help, bad." I tucked my hands into my Nike jacket.

"We do." They both said in sync, the three of us share a laugh afterwards.

I lazily rolled my eyes, dying down from my laugh. "Y'all can't do nothing without ya' girl." I observe around the room at my teammates I've been running with since 6th grade. "Alright, lets do the lay up line first before coach calls y'all to practice." Instruct, stealing the ball from Lah Lah.