𝑇ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑡𝑦 𝑂𝑛𝑒

" sᴀʏ ɪᴛ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʏᴏᴜʀ
ᴄʜᴇsᴛ.  "

Micah Williams
_________________
[ 𝑆𝑢𝑚𝑚𝑒𝑟 𝑜f 2019 ]

A loud clicking noise, following the announcement for the next planes that would soon be taking off. Sounded the announcement throughout the airport here, where I'm now in; South Carolina. I stood and waited for my suitcase, and bags to roll towards me on the baggage carousel.

A few weeks have passed with me playing on Kobe's team. He was right to say the least, after that first game and the killer practice's he drug us through, we quickly turned into an elite team. Going as far as to go on a winning streak for a few games until we lost to this one team full of shooters. It still wasn't a bad game though, we can back from a deficit, forced the game into overtime, but by the end came up short by a few points. Although we still came back and killed it.

I was proud of the girls and new that they didn't just need me to when. I may be one of the main scorers on the team, but I'm confident that they can do it without me. That's why with the permission from Kobe, I decided to join the guys this week in South Carolina for a tournament we're doing down here in myrtle beach. The awesome July weather may have played a factor in my motivation too, but we're not going to talk about that.

With my suitcase dragging along behind me, the ruff noise of the wheels running over rocks and cracks along the concrete of the sidewalk. I stopped once I was front of the airport, waiting on my Uber. The app says he/she isn't too far from me. The night air had took over the weather so it's not that bad outside, but it's still hot. I'm ready to get my room and kick it more then anything. I'm ready to see the guys too, but my legs are noodles.. before catching my flight I came from a practice with the girls, and then one afterwards with Ryan I'm gassed.

The fact that I'm going to see Bronny isn't even winning over getting to my room, laying down, and finally relaxing. Him and I been rocky anyways. What's that saying? If it isn't one thing.. it's another? Something like that, my grandpa always lives by. I think it's just trust. Him thinking I'm doing something, me thinking he did something- even though I had  all the proof in the world. The long distance is the main key to it all, honestly.

_____________

"What's up?" I threw up the piece sign, as I finally arrived in the hotel where I see the guys have taken comfort, and over the lobby seating area.

Everyone greated me as I made my way around the room and gave all the guys who are here dap ups. Although some of the guys are missing, Bronny being one of them. I wonder where his big headed self is, I told him that I would be coming tonight.

Once I made my greeting to everyone. I rested my bag beside a coach that had an opening spot for me to sit in, even though it still wasn't much space. Everyone growing for no reason and that causes a lot of space to be taken up. We not even going to talk about Jah in this situation.

My brow arched at the legs blocking my path from getting to the spot in the middle of the Coach. Devonte mindlessly continued scrolling threw his phone while his feet remained on the coffee table, all up in my way. "Soo.. are you going to move or am I going to have to move your legs for you." I sassed, to the slender melanin toned Devonte with his fro he's had since the first day I met him.

Devonte cocked his head up towards me, looking to want to bring all the sass as well. "Mannn," He muttered. "Where Bronny at? Aye' someone tell Bronny to come get his girl." He loudly said to the group of us in the lobby.