𝐹𝑖𝑣𝑒

"  Mᴏᴠɪɴɢ Dɪғғᴇʀɴᴛ.  "

Micah Williams
_________________
[ 𝑆𝑢𝑚𝑚𝑒𝑟 𝑜f 2018 ]

Met her in the club
All the ballers showing love
Can you party with a thug
I'm just trying to show you love
VIP we got it packed
This is where the party at
You're the one I wanna know
So tell me how it's supposed to go.

I hum softly to the music coming from my phone as I scroll through my social media. I'm currently chilling With Mikey, and my cousin at my Aunt's house. "He said meet me in Miami, ever been on a jet girl don't you panic." I sing lowly, double clicking on a girl from school's picture.

"Aye' y'all tryna' pull up to the basketball court's across the streets in Granin?" My cousin asks Mikey and I, as he plays fortnite on his flatscreen TV.

Mikey who's sharing the older couch with me that once was in our grandma's den of her house, simply shrugs. "Hell nah I ain't tryna' go out their it's late and my pops be saying how it's not safe to go out their. Niggas don't be up to no good."

"Well what y'all tryna' do then? We had to leave the gym court early because they having some community thing.. we ain't even get to ball like that." My cousin complains, his loose curls falling to his brows.

He's my cousin on my mother's side so he's mixed with Hispanic. Although he's mixed with black, just like Mikey and I. "Whatchu' mean? Me and Micah outta' here tomorrow to go ball out in Miami. We good fam, we just tryna' chill." Mikey says, speaking all facts.

Our cousin smacks his lips, sending a mixed emotion glance. "Man.. y'all always going somewhere, these days y'all niggas never be home."

"Facts, that's why we just tryna' lay low and chill, the fuck." Mikey releases a deep chuckle shortly after he says that. "Alliyah said hey, Micah."

I glance over at Mikey who's picking at the top of his Afro. On his phone are texts between him and his girl. "Tell her I said hey." I mutter, and went back to my own phone.

The room quieted down besides the sound affects from the game on the TV. However my cousin breaks the silence, releasing a low huff from dying in the game. "Yeah at first it was just Mikey now the both of y'all are different.. never home for birthdays, family reunions.."

Mikey and I exchanged glances on key. We knew this but it's not like we chose to not be home, we out here working hard and chasing our dreams. We can cool with the family once we got that bag, and made it to the league together.

A gleam of irritation takes over Mikey's expression as he turn his attention to our cousin. "Nigga, shut up. We here now- besides you was just the one that suggested us to go somewhere like, nah.. let's just chill for the night." He dismisses.

"Exactly, talking about we different." I send him a playful stank glare. "I basically play for two different teams right now but, I still don't miss everything.. and when I do grandma be saving me plates, becuase I'm the favorite." I flaunt.