𝑇𝑒𝑛

" LA ғᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇ
ᴡᴇᴇᴋᴇɴᴅ. "

Micah Williams
_________________
[ 2019 ]

"Hold on."

I instructed, speaking into the speaker of my phone. At my orders I didn't here a reply, and with the sun beaming down outside. I took the time to kneel down and prop my phone against the pole of our basketball hoop.

FaceTime's on my phone while my elbows rest on my knee, studding him on the other side of the phone. Like most boys, he's a gamer with the headset on and all. His eyes well indulged in the screen, causing the whiteness in his eyes to shine ever brighter. "Can you hear me?" I asked.

Bronny, who I've been FaceTime for a few minutes now. Glanced at me with his top row of teeth biten down on his bottom lip, from being so into the game. "Yeah, I can hear you." He says.

Nodding to myself I stood to my feet, and started dribbling the just about skinless ball. I walked more out into the street of our neighborhood. I decided to come outside because it's a nice day, and I didn't have practice now a game today.

Honestly, It didn't feel right getting a few shots up at least once a day. I don't ever desire any days off when it comes to basketball. As for Bron Bron, he unexpectedly called me not long ago, and it was kinda out of the blue since we didn't talk since last weekend at the fair and it's now Tuesday.

I dribbled the ball hearing the echo off of the concrete. Only inches away from the rim, I pull up for a shot without leaving my toes. "You're weird." I spoke my thoughts out loud, the ball loudly bricking on the side of the glass. "You didn't see that." I wore a wide smile.

He actually really didn't see it considering he met my gaze seconds later, wearing a small frown. "How am I weird?" He asked, sarcasm in his tone.

I crossed over and pulled up for a mid range shot. "It's not really you, it's more like our friendship, or whatever we have... to be honest, you play a main factor in the equation though. We haven't really talked since the summer, but then we saw each other again at the fair... and now we're FaceTiming and stuff, again." The ball swished into the torn net.

"How do I just play a factor in it? I get what you're saying but, I feel like it's the both of us. We both have each other's number, right?" He mentions.

I grasped the ball in my hands, in thought. "Yeah but why would I want to contact you?" I said out loud, that came straight from my thoughts.

"Dang. Okay, my bad, should I hang up or something-" Bronny asks.

I laugh, feeling the large bun on my head shake in the mist of my laughs. "-I didn't mean it like that. What I mean is, you just had your ups and downs this summer." I shrugged, finally expressing my feelings to him. "For example, when we went go karting this summer... or times you acted like we weren't even teammates." I rolled my eyes.