𝑇ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑡𝑦 𝐹𝑖𝑣𝑒

" ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ʙᴏᴏᴛɪᴇs ᴍᴀᴛᴛᴇʀ. "

Micah Williams
_________________
[ 𝑆𝑢𝑚𝑚𝑒𝑟 𝑜f 2019 ]

* Ring Ring *
* Ring Ring *

My head drowsily lifted from my pillow's warmth as I studied across my room for what that noise was. Since this morning when I crashed at the crack of dawn after chilling with family, and friends, that I hadn't seen since I last was here in San Diego. Ive been rudely awakened, the suns bleeding through the blinds, making sure I would wake. Also despite the cool breeze coming from the AC unit, I could tell the sun played a part in still managing to heat my room. For the love of the summer.

Ushering my wild curls out of my face, that slept freely as well even though ordinarily I tied my hair up at night. I yawned small as I my senses fluttered back to reality. The noise was just my phone going off, and vibrating beneath my stomach. Slipping the hot device from beneath me, I viewed the screen with squinted eyes.

My dad's name read on the top of the screen so I swiped my finger across the bottom, and lifted my phone up to my ear. "Hello?" My voice slightly croaked, I cleared my throat shortly after.

"Rise and shine, it's three something in the afternoon. Wake up nina!" Dad's being loud for no damn reason. It really don't feel like it's three something. "Um- I'm about fifteen minutes away from the house, when I get there be ready so we can start looking at some schools." Dad said, his phone slightly rustling.

This man acts like he's the one going to high school, he's been killing me with this school shit. Mentally I groaned while grooming a hand down my face. "Okay." I said without much enthusiasm because, yeah. That's how I'm feeling.

Marv must be with him because he said something in the background afterwards, along with a loud slam from a car door. "Get that Marv- yeah. Mi, you still there? I'm trying to hook you up to the car's speaker. Mikey showed me how to do it." I muttered a 'mhm,' while going through Instagram. On the other side of the line, it took dad a second before he spoke again. "I was already talking with a few schools. I'm looking for you a school that helps you academically, keeps you in shape, and has you playing good ball on the court." Dad explained.

"Okay." I repeated, not at all interested in this discussion at the moment.

"Ight, well be ready when I get to the crib. It's grinding time! bye." Dad's elated for no reason ass said with much enthusiasm.

The phone call ended seconds after he said bye. I turned my phone off, and laid it on the other side of my bed. I'm going to get up and get ready in like five minutes. Wait, what time is it? I tapped my lock screen and observed the time to see it's 3:21pm. Damn, I've been getting some good sleep.

Okay, okay, I got a plan. At 3:25 I'll get up and get my shower. Nah, maybe 3:29 if I get up at 3:25 it wouldn't be the same sleep affect. Plus, it's not going to take me long to get ready. So one short cat nap won't hurt.

Constant knocks, similar to how I pictured a commander in the military to knock; came from my room door as I popped my head up with much alarming confusion, and observed around the room to see who the hell's beating like that.