𝑂𝑛𝑒

"  ᴅɪғғᴇʀᴇɴᴛ ᴋɪɴᴅ ᴏғ
ᴇɴᴇʀɢʏ.  "

Micah Williams
_________________
[ 𝑆𝑢𝑚𝑚𝑒𝑟 𝑜f 2018 ]

"Twenty."

The ball fell back into my hands, and I went up for another three from our estimated guess of where the line is on our driveway pavement.

"Twenty- one."

All net sounds through the darkening sky. Mikey, my older brother by a year and some change catches my rebound for me then chucks it back in my direction.

Like the catch and shoot player I am, no later then a few second it was back in the air charging towards the hoop. My feet reconnected with the floor, and I went back into stance ready to receive the ball once more.

"Twenty- two."

Mikey decided to roll the ball to me this time as if it would change the fact I'm splashing like the Splash Brothers. I pick it up in an instant, and shoot it still not needing to dribble and it still didn't throw my shot off.

The ball hit the backboard echoing loudly through our neighborhood but, it still tumbles into the net. "All you do is shoot." Mikey huffs, catching the ball before it can roll down our driveway.

I clap my hands, motioning for him to hurry up. "Are you mad? You must be mad." Mikey did a long pass from the end of the driveway where he stopped the ball from rolling. I grasped the ball and went up for another three.

"Twenty- three."

Mikey stood on the bottom piece of the rim, and caught my rebound. He tosses the ball back over to me. "So...you ready for tomorrow?" I question while shooting my shot.

Tomorrow Mikey and I are flying out to Ohio for our first game with the bluechips. We've been preparing for tomorrow ever since two weeks ago when we got the news. Especially me, I have to live up to the hype. People doubt that I'm able to compete with dudes but it's really not going to be much competition.

"Twenty- four." Mike chucked the ball once more in my direction. "Nah, I know half the dudes on our new team. Plus we finna' go against some easy competition that ain't even real comp, for the first game." He mentions.

I shot the ball once more and I knew this one was questionable to go in. The ball hit the rim and tumbled back out. "Dang!" I say, but go back into my catch and shoot stance. "So what's your goal for tomorrow." I ask him, shooting the ball.

Mikey leans on the pole causing the rim to tilt a little, that's probably how I missed my last shot. This time my shot went in though. "Twenty- five." He grasps the ball, as I complete my shots, going 17/25 in total. "Nothing, besides show them how they got the right twins." He smirks.

I make my way over to Mikey and lend my hand out for us to dap up. "Facts, the lob from one twin to the other-." I smack the ball from his hands, and threw the ball up, shortly catching it. "-Is going to be niceee'." I emphasize with a smug smile.

"Right, and you know they're games be getting recorded. By the big basketball channels too, colleges and stuff probably be watching 'em." He mentions walking away from me, and down the driveway.