𝐸𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡𝑒𝑒𝑛

"ᴏᴜᴛ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏʟᴅ...
ɪɴ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴇᴡ. "

𝑀𝑖𝑐𝑎ℎ 𝑊𝑖𝑙𝑙𝑖𝑎𝑚𝑠
_________________
[ 2019 ]

On the hotel lobby level, I followed the smell of food, and numerous loud voices into the cafeteria. My hoodie was on, and the hood coated the top of my head, with my damp curls resting on my shoulders. Inside of the hotel almost felt like outside, it's so cold. This is almost traumatizing to a California child like myself.

I went over to the table where I found Mikey, Jah and some of the other guys I recognized. "What's poppin'!" I smiled, at the numerous greeting I received from the guys.

Kyree dapped me up as I took the seat that was available between him, and Mikey. "Yo, Mikey ya' grandma finally woke up! Jit been sleep since y'all got here yesterday." He laughed, earning laughs from the guys at our table.

Our table consisted of me, Mikey, Ky, Zaire, Jah, Jalen Green who I gotta' speak to because dude's a beast and kinda' cute. Then at the end of the table, it's the kid with the curly fro who I believe name is Sky. I haven't met him yet either but I believe Jah said he's playing on our AAU team this summer.

"I was tired. I can't sleep on planes, I don't know how Mikey and Jah did it on our way here." I crinkled my nose up.

"Easy." Mikey said nonchalantly.

"Not gonna' cap, unless I just drift off.. I can't fall asleep on planes either. It's like too much be going on, on the plane to just fall asleep." Zaire with his usual hooded eyes, commented.

"My nigga on a plane?" Kyree squinted, with his bottom lip quivered out full of sarcasm. "Everyone either sleep or chillin'."

Jalen sitting near the end of the table, widened his eyes at Kyree's comment. "Shih' you must haven't never flew with someone that had kids. Talk about straight crying from Miami to ATL." He huffed.

"Me and that baby would've fought." I shook my head in denial, not of ever wanting to be put in that kind of situation.

Jalen with his cutie- cute- cute self chuckled at my comment, along with the rest of the guys. "Not finna' lie... that's tuff." Zaire said, raising his brows.

Mikey stretched his arm to the back of my chair, and was on his phone in the other hand. "So what's the word for the day? Larry ain't really tell me much besides that we meeting up at the gym today." He yawned into a comment.

"He said we're about to go get our teams selected for tomorrow's tournament. We're doing 3v3's and 1v1's." Kyree said and folded his arms across his chest.

"Crunch time coming up!" Zaire eagerly rubbed his hands together, sporting a mischievous grin.

"Who y'all hoping to be on teams with?" I nosily questioned the group of guys, eager to know what there thoughts are.

"It don't matter to me because whatever team I get on, I'mma eat regardless." Mikey declared.

"Same, I want smoke with anyone in this cafeteria!" Kyree shouted, and cuffed his hands around his mouth. "Especially when we do 1v1's, boy.. I swear I'm finna go off." Grandpa lookin' ass comments.