𝑃𝑟𝑜𝑙𝑜𝑔𝑢𝑒

" Oɴ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ʙɪɢɢᴇʀ,
ᴀɴᴅ ʙᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ. "

Micah Williams
________________
[ 𝑆𝑢𝑚𝑚𝑒𝑟 𝑜f 2018 ]

The girl ahead of me who I recognized once or twice from previous games, claps her hands aggressively thinking she's able to guard me.

A light chuckle left my lips, as I pick up the ball allowing the 24 seconds to began ticking down. It's our second game today, and it's a tight game. The score's tied with five minutes left on the clock.

I hit her with a crossover in order for her to get out of my way. It ain't like she can guard me in the first place. The girl's are all standing in their position waiting for a call since I am the point guard.

Lifting my fist up, I chuck the ball to my little sister Skye. She passes the ball to Sadie who's in the far corner. Following the play, Skye runs down to the free throw line and I went to her former place. My defender was late to catch up with me.

I gather the ball about to pull up for a clean three. "Make the extra pass!" My coach yells, as always wanting to complete the play despite if we're open.

Swear she be trippin. I chuck the ball to the left corner, and Alana who's their does a pump fake then chucks the ball to Sky.

This play doesn't never end well when Sky's the shooter. She's not a midrange shooter so that's about to be a brick. As she shoots I run for the rebound, the center defender puts her back all over me but I still manage to gather the ball in my hands. I got the better bounce.

Since I'm unstable I go back down with the ball, and hit a fade-away off the much taller center. Clapping my hands, I wait for them to throw the ball in. These girls light work, if my coach wasn't so big on plays I would for sure have a lead on their head right now by myself.

As cold as I am on offense, my defense comes in even better. I guard guys sometimes way older then me, these kids not a challenge. I have her locked up about to get a eight second violation, but as she's trying to gather her handle I steal the ball. That's an easy lay up with my eyes closed.

This time coach said to fall back, for what reason I don't know. I allow her to get across half court which lead to a pass, and a clean three because someone gave the girl too much space.

Our next two possessions were unsuccessful because coach wanted to run plays even though everyone knows when it comes down to the wire, you play your best players.

It's not like the team we're playing against is even that good. It's just besides myself our team isn't really good on offense. Which is one of the reason's we're down by seven with three minutes on the clock.

I pick up the ball as the next position's clock begins running down. I throw the stiff arm on this lil' girl tryna guard me while I continue down the court. The girls are waiting on a play but I'm really not finna' call one. I can easily get us back on our feet and win with a descent lead.

That's exactly what I'm finna' do too. I make it across half court where number 3 who's been guarding me all game goes all the way back to the three point line expecting me to meet her their.