Part 20

After two weeks

It was so weird without Layla. She is still in coma. Her parents are in the hospital all the time. I go there to see her every day. I whispered some positive things to her. I kissed her cheek, forehead. Bryce goes with me. Her friends visited her too. She was so white in the face.

Right now, I am at home. Just staring at the wall. Thinking about things. I was alone in the house. I got outside to see two cars. In the first one were Bryce, my dad and my stepmom. They looked sad. In the second one were Blake, and his parents. They also looked sad. I got to them and I asked them:

Jaden: What happened? Is she okay? She woke up? Tell me.

Bryce: She did not.

I looked down and I could feel tears in my eyes. I turned around going in my house.

?????: You won't say hi? I thought you missed me. *giggle*

I shot my head straight up. I know that voice and that giggle from a mile away.

Jaden: Layla?

I turned around. I saw her then. Her hair was messy, and her face was light. I ran to her and I picked her up. I turned us around, and I put her back on the ground.

Dad: Easy, Jaden! She woke up two hours ago!

Layla: I'm okay.

We made an eye contact, and she broke it by saying:

Layla: Bryce, Jaden we need to talk.

Jaden: You need to rest first.

Layla: It's okay, I'm fine.

Bryce: Let's go to our room.

I nodded and we all went in our house and then in our room. Layla and I sat on my bed, facing Bryce who is sitting on his bed.

Layla: I just wanted to say sorry, Bryce. I didn't choose to fall in love with this jerk here.

She hitted me.

Jaden: Ouch!

She giggled. Bryce laughed a little bit.

Back to Layla's POV

Bryce: I'm not mad. Jaden actually found somebody else now.

What?!

Layla: Wait, what?!

I didn't expect this. At all. Okay, maybe a little bit. I looked at Jaden. He looked at Bryce confused.

Bryce: Just kidding!

He started laughing.

Layla: Not funny at all.

He stopped.

Bryce: I will get used to you two, just don't kiss each other in front of me.

I nodded.

Layla: Thank you, Brycey. You are the best.

I hugged him. He hugged me back.

Layla: I need to go now. My family probably wants to hang out with me or something.

Bryce nodded.

Jaden: I will go downstairs with you.

We got out of the room.

Layla: You really found someone else? Like you like someone?

I looked down, playing with my fingers.

Jaden: I could never, angel.

I looked up at him and I gave him smile. He hugged me, and I hugged him back. We got downstairs holding hands, and we kissed.