Chapter 23:

You've been warned 😈

Asia.

I was sitting in my bed, bored out of my damn mind. Usually, I'd be with one of my friends or all of them, but I had Shad drop me off.

One, because I had a slight attitude with him and Jaxon for completely ignoring us at lunch earlier. Two, being I needed to work on my Criminology paper. College class, high school student. Credits guys, credits. I kind of want to work somewhere in the justice system, but then again, I want to do something family oriented. Social work, maybe.

Whatever, I'll cross that road when I get to it.

My house was completely empty, with the exception of me. My mom and Jamal are down in San Francisco for the next two weeks. My grandmother is at bingo with some of her old friends. Nathan is with one of his hoes, I'm assuming. And Emery was at work.

It was dead. My house is never dead.

This is madness. Part of me was saying call Shad, but who knows what would happen if he came over right now. I actually want to punch his ass for that kiss this morning.

A piece of me is saying call Cam, but if I have to listen to her pant and moan because her nasty ass decided to answer my call while she and Jaxon have sex again, I might kill myself.

Hell no, none of this sounds good. Netflix and snacks it is.

I made my way to the kitchen to find snacks and all I came up with in there was graham crackers, a box of Nature Valley granola bars, and peanuts. I don't want any of that.

I went into the pantry and found a bag of family size Doritos, a box of fruit snacks, and a case of Pepsi. I'm more of a Mountain Dew type of person. I grabbed the chips and a few fruit snacks, a Mountain Dew out of the refrigerator, and started on my way up the stairs.

As soon as I dropped the stuff on my bed, my phone started ringing. I half ass smiled at the name King Shad 👑💏💍💎💕 as it lit up the screen.

I sat on my bed and picked up my remote, turning the tv to Netflix.

Did I just screen his call? Yessir.

I know he's gonna call back, and keep calling if I don't answer. The phone stopped vibrating temporarily before he called back.

I stopped being moody and picked up the phone.

"Hello?" I said, pretending that I was sleep.

"You know damn well you ain't sleep. Get up and come open the door." I sucked my teeth. This nigga here, boy.

"And how would you know that?"

"I know you. You watched me call the first time because you have an attitude about earlier, and you knew I was gon' keep calling until you answered the phone so you stopped throwing your fit and picked up." I got quiet. "Tell me I got any of that wrong, I dare you." He said with humor evident in his voice. I just knew his cocky ass was smiling.

"Shut up." I said poking my bottom lip out.

"Put yo lip in and come open the door, dude." He laughed.

"You just fucking creepy. Plainly and utterly creepy."

"I'm just waiting on you to tell me you love me."

"Who said I loved you?" I asked as I got up and walked back down the stairs.

"I know you do, you can keep playing if you want to."