Chapter 39:

Rashad.

How bad is it that what happened was on Wednesday of last week and we have yet to speak to each other?

Is it bad that I don't really care?

She shouldn't've even put her hands on me. That's some shit I would've never thought about doing to her, and I would've hoped that she thought the same.

If it had been the other way around, I would've been the bigger person and admitted that I was in the wrong. But no. We're dealing with the most stubborn person to ever walk this planet. But I should've known she'd always be like this considering the fact that the first time I met her and offered her a ride because it was raining, she declined.

She was a stranger to me, technically. But she knew exactly who I was. She played that shit off well, now that I think about it.

"Whatever." She rolled her eyes and walked away. Um, the fuck?

I feel like I'ma keep running into this girl.

Since I was gon' be on my way home and more than likely wasn't gonna cook, I continued on my journey to the food court, where I got in line at Rocky's.

When I got to the front, I ordered, paid, and received my food. As I was walking out, I looked up and it looked like it was about to rain. Shiet, let me go. And this time I'm taking the streets.

As I'm walking to my car, I see Shortness on the phone, apparently arguing with somebody. But that's none of my business, so I just kept going. I sat my bag on the back seat and got in.

By the time I pulled out, it started to rain.

I turned and silently cursed my big heart as I saw Shortness by the entrance of the mall, standing in the rain. I swear she lucky I'm nice. "Get in." I huffed as I stopped in front of her.

"I'm good." She called back.

"Get your stubborn ass in this car. Ain't nobody out to get you." I snapped, becoming frustrated.

She reluctantly came and got in.

"Where you headed?"

"My ignorant ass boyfriend's house." It was when she said 'boyfriend' that I noticed the bruise on her neck. If she wanna hide the abuse, she should disguise her marks better.

"Can I ask you something?"

"Sure."

"Is he hitting you?" She looked at me and I could already see it in her eyes that she was in an abusive relationship. Annoyed by the situation, I sighed. "Do you really want to go there?" She shook her head.

"I have to."

"Why and what's ya name?"

"Asia, and I have to go because if I don't he beats me... more." She admitted. Ion even know this chick, but I don't appreciate ole boy hitting on her. She too pretty for that.

"You ain't going there tonight, aight?" She looked at me like I had lost my rabbit ass mind.

"Are you crazy?" I laughed a little.

"Nah, but you are if you continue to go back to that." She huffed and sat back in her seat.

"I-I j-just..." she huffed. "I can never have the balls to tell him that I'm done. I basically left my family and everything for his stupid ass. I don't know why, I just did and I swear it was the worst mistake of my life." She says as she choked back tears.