Chapter 43:

Mind all errors because I did not proofread this. Like at all.

Asia.

So... My mom came home in the midst of me throwing up last night, and started treating me like an infant. She made me eat chicken noodle soup and crackers, made me drink all types of concoctions. All kinds of nonsense.

Shad had to get in the shower because I kind of ruined his pants. When he got ready to go, he gave me a hug and kissed my forehead but I'll give him that one because I don't know what the hell is wrong with me and if I'm sick, I don't want to get him sick too.

Leave it to my mom to start assuming the worst when I threw up again this morning. I don't know why, but she thinks I'm going to be the first one pregnant. She may not say it aloud, but it's clear that's what she thinks. Like on Easter, the whole Shad rubbing my stomach thing.

I'm one hundred percent positive that both times we had our little rendezvouses, that he used a condom. I know because I handed them to him both times. And with both of us having dreams and plans for the very near future, I don't think he would jeopardize that.

If some witchcraft occurred and I magically ended up with child, then I'm going to handle my responsibilities. And I'm sure Rashad would be a man about it and do what he has to. But right now, I'm praying that I'm not.

I'd be glad to have his child, but definitely not now. No, no, no, no, no. Now is not the time. I'm still young and dumb with a lot more growing up to do.

Since Mother Theresa here wants to know for sure whether I am or not, we're going to somebody's clinic. No matter how many times I tell her I'm not. I'm positive that I'm not, but nooooo... "We have to be sure. I'm too young for grandchildren." And blah blah blah.

When they tell me that I'm not, I'm throwing it in her face for dragging me here.

Luckily it's not as crowded as it usually is and no I don't come down here for me. I'm usually somebody's support system. Like Nathan's; right before he and Emilia get back together, he gets tested. I think that it's the funniest shit ever. I wish they would stop with the on and off mess, but that's them.

My mother did all the paperwork and I just sat there and watched her do it. I could've done it, but she insisted. Fine by me.

We engaged in simple small talk as we waited. To my surprise, she was talking about regular everyday stuff, which I was happy for. I didn't want to be a Debby Downer and kill the mood, but I want to know why she's still giving Rashad the cold shoulder. I'm gonna wait until we're by ourselves again though.

"Hendricks, Asia?" My mother and I stood, making our way towards a nurse or whoever the woman was. She then led us back to a exam room, where again we waited.

"Ma?" She looked up from the magazine she was paging through, giving me her undivided attention. "Why don't you like Shad anymore?"

"What?" She frowned.

"Why don't you like him? It seems like ever since the first time, you've been... I don't know, like irritated by his presence or you're rude to him."

"I'm sorry I come off that way, it's just that I don't really trust him anymore. You were my last innocent child, and now your... tainted." She giggled.

"I'm not tainted. You just said that like I'm an old package of meat that was left in the car. I'm still the same sweet, innocent Asia."

"The lies." She says, playfully rolling her eyes. Well I hope it was playful. "Sweet, you were at one point in time. Now, you've grown up, and that sweetness is gone."