Chapter 53:

It's your night, make it one to remember.

Ya Baby Mama named after a continent.

"Bitch, you in here watching Hardball when you need to be getting it together for my cousin in law." I stopped clicking my tongue ring against my teeth and looked at her.

"Since when y'all have a title?"

"Since the hospital, now get up."

I sighed and paused my movie. It was probably best that she came in when she did otherwise I'd be in here crying my eyes out because it was almost to the part where G-Baby gets shot. Yeah, let me get up.

"And since when did you have your tongue pierced?"

"Since Tuesday." It doesn't even hurt anymore. "I don't know how you missed this yesterday." She shrugged.

Ya and Brianne came out yesterday and we all went to get our nails and things done. Bri looks like she's ready to pop anytime now. That alone made my excitement for Em skyrocket.

In my head I was doing my "I'm gonna be an auntie" happy dance. I'm gonna spoil the hell out of this kid, and Emery is just gonna have to be mad. Xai too because it's a wrap. Just wait until they out this news.

By the way, it's currently ten in the morning and I'm too anxious to still be asleep. Y'all know me, I'm sleeping until like one.

Get it, get fly, I got six jobs, I don't get tired
And I don't get tired
I don't get, I don't get tired
And I don't get tired
I don't get, I don't get tired...

"Where's my little prom-goer?" I smiled as my grandma entered the room with her oxygen tank in tow.

This is what life had turned to for her. Lugging around this tank of air to keep her airways open and her breathing period. It's better than nothing, so I won't complain.

"She's heaaaa'." She laughed a little.

"What time do the festivities begin?"

"Doors open at 6, but not until 7 or so." She nodded. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm living baby girl, that's all I ask for." She smiled. Me too Nana, me too. I gratefully smiled at her and got up to hug her. "Don't start with the waterworks, Marie."

"Too late." She sighed and rubbed my back as she whispered she'd be okay in my ear.

I wanted to believe that everything would be okay, but I couldn't bring myself to it. I don't know how long she has, and it could all be over before we know it.

I've tried to steer my head away from negative thoughts, but they always seem to come right back. It never fails. I could think about flowers and immediately my mind goes to the flowers that sit atop of caskets. I think ribbons, I think about the ribbons in the flowers with the different titles the person held. Mother, sister, daughter, grandmother, and everything of the sorts.

And on the concept of death, Ashton's funeral was yesterday. I stopped by, showed my respects, and dipped. I wasn't with reliving all the bullshit I endured. It's funny because I almost wanted to shed a tear - almost.

I've done enough crying to only be seventeen. And for reasons that I shouldn't even have needed to cry for. I shouldn't've cried because a man put his hands on me, I shouldn't've cried because I was abducted by a deranged teenaged boy, I shouldn't have even been in that predicament in the first place.

Seventeen years.

Seventeen years on this planet and I've been through some things that nobody should EVER have to go through.