Chapter 44:

Asia.

I was sitting here watching reruns of Empire, because well, I didn't have shit else to do.

I've literally been saying, "fuck being sick," because I actually wanted to be in school today, but nope. Cue eye roll. I can't go until Monday maybe, which means I'll be behind on three days worth of work that I don't and won't feel like making up.

The only plus is that my grandma came over to take care of me while everyone is gone. But she's basically going to make me fat because all she wants me to do is eat.

She just doesn't know that my black side will show its colors and my itis will kick in and I will go to sleep on her.

And she thinks that she has good jokes. When she came in here and woke me up, she was like, "Look at the sick pig." I was honestly offended.

My mother told her that the only time I could leave the room is if I had to use the bathroom or throw up. But how would my grandma know when I have to do either of those? She's been downstairs since she's been here and right now she's making lunch.

I'm not allowed to go anywhere else in the house. She really has me on lockdown.

Just about the entire choir and then some, texted me telling me to get well soon.

Brittany threatened me and told me that I'd better be feeling better before the concert or she'd kill me. Gotta be careful with that one. She's one of those crazy broads. Love her to pieces, but she's crazy.

"Swine, is it okay if I enter with your slop?" My grandma knocked.

"Grandma, you swear." I sat up as she came in with a plate in one hand, and a cup and medicine in the other.

I groaned because I'm sick of taking medicine. The doctor prescribed me antibiotics after giving me some medicine, then my mama doped me up after Shad left and put me right to sleep. Now my granny's give me more. Lord, help me.

She sat the plate down in front of me and the cup on my nightstand. I held my hand out for the stupid pills, and she placed them in my hand.

"Take them before you eat, Marie." I said okay, and she left.

I took them and started eating. She made steak and potatoes, with a side of broccoli. Why she made this for lunch? I don't know, but I don't really care. I'm still gonna eat.

I was trying not to choke while laughing at Cookie. Taraji was made for this role, I swear.

"Uh uh, Anika. Cookie gone beat'cho ass. All'at damn stuttering."

I finished up and drank some of the Sprite that I had. I had already killed the cup of lemonade my granny brought up here.

Wifey 👰🏽💍 would like FaceTime...

I answered because I figured they were at lunch by now.

"Wassup Boo Boo Kitty?" I greeted.

"Bitch." I laughed.

"Both of y'all petty. Ain't been on the phone thirty seconds and y'all forcing it." Jaxon spoke.

"Yo mama was petty for not swallowing you."

"Asia, I'ma beat cho ass." He threatened.

"Jaxon, you ain't bout it. Where's Shad?" I asked, before breaking into a coughing fit.

"Ew."

"Jaxon, stop being infantile." Cam rolled her eyes and smacked him in his head.